• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sale Day

newrancher

Reaction score
Gonna haul 6steers today, probably about 800lb[ though I am the worst guesser].I have to say I have some severe apprehension due to the market. Probably not going to be a big turnout at the barn because of weather and holiday season.I hope the transmission holds out in my 3/4 ton, anyway they need to go.Ill let you know what happens.

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Anything over 80 cents is awesome right now. Most aren't getting close to that.

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
Hope you do good. Never no about holiday season might get lucky and everybody be trying to buy enough to get them threw the holidays and get a bump. Had the Lauras Lean buyer to offer me mid 90's on 7 weight steers yesterday.

newrancher

Reaction score
Well, the tranny held out and the boys avgd 722lb and brought 84cents which was more than any others there so I was pretty tickled. Epecially when the ring man came up to me later and complimented me on them, Satisfaction AND a small[very small] profit. Thanks for all the comments.

bandit80

Reaction score
Prices have rebounded about 5-10 cents in my area the last couple of weeks. That's not too bad of a price you got there. Cattle producers may just have to hold on for a wild ride the next couple years. We were due for a down turn anyhow.

BC

Reaction score
Last sale of the year held yesterday. Calf market looked to be $7 -$8 per cwt. better than the week before.

Had a couple of orders and barely got to bid as the market was $6 to $10 per cwt more than my customers wanted to pay. Maybe we have hit the bottom and can start getting back to a profitable situation for all segments.

Latest posts