Sale Barns

Help Support CattleToday:

lakading":95w26h7y said:
$1,500 for a registered Angus bull is an ABSOLUTE STEAL!!!

i regret not buying those two particular bulls. i wish i had gotten there earlier to look around. the place was packed when i got there and i didnt want to wade through all the people to get to the walkover. but we like to feed cows right before dark and the barn is 45 min. drive away. who knows, maybe they had killer birthweights? $1500-2000 is pretty avg around here for bulls.

edit: no i take that back, they actually said one would make a good heifer bull. so bw mustve been ok too

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":17f80ig4 said:
Prime example of buying from a sale barn. A guy down the road from me likes to go there to buy stock. I kept telling him man you are gonna be sorry one of these days. Well last weekend i drove by his place as its on the backway home and sure enough one of the cows he had bought at the sale barn was laying there dead. I was like yeah buddy you get what you pay for. I told you youd be sorry. The funny thing is he owns part of a "stockyard" supposedly he knows where to get "good stock" that is disease free. Well he sure picked a good one there. YOU get what you pay for. Remember that. It supposedly died of shipping fever. Least that is what he said to me. Im thinking it was something else. I bet it was already sick when it left the sale barn and he didnt doctor it.
the more i read your posts the more i wonder if your parents had any children that lived!
an average of 16.95 posts a day tells me you have entirely too much time on your hands.
long live the SALE BARN

Crowderfarms":jhzj3o1y said:
Rev. Crowder wants all of you to ask for forgiveness.I too have done the same as all of you.Now hop in I'm drivin'!
Now I will definately vote for you! A rev. for president ought to be able to shape things up!

You said it pappy! Most of his posts just leave me shaking my head. Advice like his would make you not want to ask for advice.

A&Mfarms":7m6tijlx said:
You said it pappy! Most of his posts just leave me shaking my head. Advice like his would make you not want to ask for advice.
Honestly, I look forward to reading his posts.They get a little bit more off the wall everyday.He's hurtin' for certain. :lol:

A&Mfarms":1ic3qdb9 said:
Makes a person wonder if he's off his meds.
Could be that or maybe he escaped from the wacky ward.

I've bought some nice females at sale barn replacement sales - as long as they are not held concurrently with their regular weekly sale.

Funny, I sell quality calves (IMHO) and cull cows at their weekly sales, but I'd never buy from them. ;-)

Crowderfarms":16qe5u0h said:
A&Mfarms":16qe5u0h said:
Honestly, I look forward to reading his posts.They get a little bit more off the wall everyday.He's hurtin' for certain. :lol:

Yep, some of his comments seem awful familiar to someone else's that was on here not too long ago. ;-)

Farmhand,

We need somebody to head campaign headquartes in your state. You just got elected.

As to other posts about a certain person, gives Tennessee a black eye.

warpaint":2pq17ky2 said:
Farmhand,

We need somebody to head campaign headquartes in your state. You just got elected.
Gosh - that's how I get elected to EVERYTHING. :shock: :lol: