sale barn

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
nephew wanted to go to the monday sale yesterday.so i took him an his gf.an i only saw 2 deals of cattle go through the ring that id bid on.1 was 2 brangus open heifers.they was fat slick an replacement heifers.they aved 840lbs an brought $91/100.they was worth buying.2 was 4 pairs of british whites or speckled parks 4yr olds.with 2 bull an 2 heifer calves at side.they was open an ready to breed.they went for $790 a pair.trying to teach my nephew wich cows an heifers to buy so he wont get burned to bad.but he likes them rough looking pairs that wont make money because they are cheap.

I think that's great you're helping him learn what to look for. How old is he?

My first choices for cattle were those rough and cheap ones....learned real quick that wasn't what I really wanted. TOO MUCH WORK with those rogue personalities. One would NOT eat she was so wild. Never buy a skinny heifer! There's a reason she's skinny.....in this one's case she ran so hard to get away from us and gyrated herself skinny like she was watching a tennis match all the time. NUTS. As far as price goes,.....if you're able to buy them really cheap, then that's probably all you'll get for their calves. AND, invest in facility--chute, headgate, trailer ....FIRST. Lessons learned.

nephew is 24 an he lives in cali right now.so if he gets anything its turned out with the cows here.thats why im trying to teach him what cattle are good.i tell him if you mess up its your misstake not mine.thats why i dont want him to buy rough cattle.i can teach him if he is willing to learn.my dad thought me how to buy cattle years ago.an i to would buy cheap cows if i could make them work.

Latest posts