Sale Barn Update...

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkieman

Reaction score
Took 2 yesterday to sale here in Searcy, AR. They were nothing special.

Average looking Angus cross steer 560 lbs @ $1/lb.
Little below avg motley heifer 535 @ $.88/lb.

Took 11 in Mon., avg even 600, got $1.17 1/2. Would have got more but they were Braunvieh. After reading the Braunvieh post on the Breeds board I'm so disappointed in my Braunvieh, I'm thinking of giving them away if I can just find someone to take them.

Roadapple":3hbyaxdg said:
Took 11 in Mon., avg even 600, got $1.17 1/2. Would have got more but they were Braunvieh. After reading the Braunvieh post on the Breeds board I'm so disappointed in my Braunvieh, I'm thinking of giving them away if I can just find someone to take them.
$1.1750 for 600 lb calves is excellent. Why are you disappointed? Peoples memories are short, it was not long ago that calves that people gave big $$'s and lost their a$$ in the feed yard.

BC":3du87imj said:
Roadapple":3du87imj said:
$1.1750 for 600 lb calves is excellent. Why are you disappointed? Peoples memories are short, it was not long ago that calves that people gave big $$'s and lost their a$$ in the feed yard.
i think he's yanking our chain because of the other post its a good price and he knows it, got nothing againt braunvieh myself like too clear that up :p

Latest posts