Sale Barn Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":25j83yii said:
kenny thomas":25j83yii said:
sold very good here today. one group 638lb steers brought $1.00 which is much better for here.

Good news I hauled heavy 4's to light 6's.

I would sell every calf I could for that right now. Our light weights are decent, heavy weight.. not good. Mostly heavy weights here. :(

They are going up. Went to Nixon today. They have way over 2000 to sell,so I am sure they are still there. Best of luck.

Calves were $15 to $20 per cwt. higher than mid December prices this past Saturday. Holding from December until now is paying off. We were buying cutting bulls for under $70 per cwt. in December. Those calves start at $75 and many bring $80 to $85.

my neighbor sold cows, all black short solids and olds in good shape, a month ago for .26 a pound, we sold one last friday for .46 1220 lbs black cow, i am glad we waited

Sale starts at noon today, there have been a lot of people holding on to calves.
Yesterday was a steady stream of trucks and trailers bringing them in, today I bet the unloading drive will be packed to the hiway. Crockett usually handles two to three thousand head every tuesday it will be interesting to see how many sell today. For those that have never seen Crockett sale barn its huge they work the cattle down the alley's on horseback.

Raywood is closer to me, but I have wanted to go check out Crockett.
Is Crockett always on Tuesdays?

And good luck, CB.

Caustic Burno":2k5ennts said:
Low calf brought .90 and the high calf 1.06

Not too shabby. I trust you're quietly saying 'yipee'? ;-)

I hope mine do alright this weekend. One I'm sure will bring crapola. He's one of those with a shaggy coat, smokey brockle faced, so the white looks like an old man's beard.

That's good news for you there Caustic.

Katherine

I was satisfied with the price. I haven't seen the salebarn ticket yet that breaks is down in average price per pound and calf I know what the total was. Doing the math in my head looks like that more sold in the .90 range than the 1.06.

Looks like you sold just at the right time. According to what i heard the price of cattle fell yesterday. Looks like even a bllind chicken catches a june bug ever now and then. Congrats CB. Least you didnt hold for ever.

endebt":tx0no03q said:
Looks like you sold just at the right time. According to what i heard the price of cattle fell yesterday. Looks like even a bllind chicken catches a june bug ever now and then. Congrats CB. Least you didnt hold for ever.

Well if I did it was pure luck on my part. I have this stock business figured out buy high and sell low, thats right isn't it? I should get the salebarn results in the mail today on the breakdowns.

Latest posts