Sale barn idiot

Help Support CattleToday:

baxter78":fltbxkbe said:
I just got a call from the sheriff. All 16 head have been picked up by the fella. He also paid the ticket for his fence and the sheriff is at his house now making sure he is fixing his fence.
at a boy gladys :p

baxter78":3ohu14eu said:
I just got a call from the sheriff. All 16 head have been picked up by the fella. He also paid the ticket for his fence and the sheriff is at his house now making sure he is fixing his fence.

:banana:

With a cat-o-nine-tails? :p :cowboy:

Aaron":29m2rm4h said:
KMacGinley":29m2rm4h said:
I always associate a closed herd with not bringing in outside breeding animals. Birds are bringing you all the diseases that the salebarn cattle carry anyway, so I would keep those vaccinations up.

Vaccinations are a continual must, but I don't think birds are that big a deal for carrying cattle disease. Don't think I have ever seen a crow or raven or vulture settle a heifer in heat. :shock:

Huh???? Birds don't carry diseases?? :) :) :)

I have no idea what that settle a heifer comment is supposed to mean? But have a good day anyhow. :)

baxter78":33384oke said:
To clarify. They are on the sheriff's land. His farm borders mine. My cattle are up to date on on their all vaccinations and are getting vaccinated again in the next couple weeks (worm and vaccinate every 6 months). I vaccinate for everything from vibriosis to trich and even neospora. The cattle have not come onto my property yet. No I am not mrs kravitz. I dont care what my neighbors do so long as it does not infringe upon me but I dont go looking for something to try and cause trouble over. I have some very expensive show cattle and cannot afford to lose any just because some idiot was stupid enough not to keep up his fencing. My cattle can however reach their heads through the fence as can the calves and touch noses with the other cattle. That right there worries me. I have been working on an electric fence already to keep my cattle about 4 feet away from the barbed wire. This way they cannot touch noses with the other cattle.

Can you post some pictures of those very expensive show cattle? You have talked about them before but we haven't seen any pics. ;-)

Understand? What I don't understand is how you have a closed herd as defined on this thread while participating on the show circuit? :)

baxter78":37celggq said:
Well I meant closed herd in that I do not bring in new animals and I do not expose those animals to sick animals at least not from the Sale barn. Granted they might pick something up on the show circuit but they have never gotten sick. Worse thing I have had happen is a couple got ring worm a couple times. Secondly, the only computer access that I have is at work. I do not have any way to post any pics on here. I suppose I could bring my camera to work and do it but I am quiet sure that since that would not be work related and I got caught I would defintely be fired.

So what's the difference with being on here and posting pics? How is posting on this thread work related?

At one time you said you had the Grand Champion at the NAILE. Tell us what breed so we can go to the NAILE website and check them out.

It's interesting how fence laws differ from state to state. Here in Wyoming if your neighbors cattle are in your place then your fence isn't fixed good enough. We believe that if you don't want something on your place then it your responsibility to fence them out. I know that most states are not fence out states but it sure makes sense to me. instead of fencing them in. Of course all of the people that move out here seem to think that we should fix all of their fences.

http://www.azod.com/SpeakingOut/2004/Q2 ... 0THEFT.htm

I do not know which salebarn owner this is, and knowing almost all of the owners in the state of Arizona I intend on finding out He owed nothing to the sheriff for feed or any other services rendered because Arizona is a fence OUT state.
It is obvious that the sheriff was not very knowledgable is Arizona RANGE laws, Had he been he would have known enough to contact ARIZONA LIVESTOCK INSPECTION @1 800 294 0305 and reported the animals loose, if they were endangering any humans LIVESTOCK INSPECTION would have picked them up immiediatly of given the sheriff permision to pen them up prior to the inspectors arrival to determine ownership!
The Sheriff had no legal right to detain the livestock nor charge any fees for feeding them as he was illigally detaining another persons property!

Do not get me wrong i am not saying that the owner is not somewhat irresponsible for not taking better care of his animals but open range laws prevail and it is actually only courtious to tend to your animals.
I would be amiss if I failed to follow up on this in regards to the salebarn owner, altho i am sure that he knows the laws as well as I do regarding the open range laws.
This said I am betting that all is not exactally as has been said here!!!
Baxter please pm me with the salebarn in question!!!

As I said I know not the arizonian law; but I am told my name has an arizona touch.

ANAZAZI":3utrcl5f said:
As I said I know not the arizonian law; but I am told my name has an arizona touch.
ANAZAZI-

It is interesting that you are from Sweden, and your screen name is "Anazazi". In the Southwestern United States - Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah - Anazazi is the word that the Navajo and Hopi Indian Nations use to designate pre-historic natives to the area - those who lived in caves (Such an in Mesa Verde National Park [prounounced "MAY-sa VAIR-day or more commonly "MAY-sa VERdee"] during the years 900 AD to about 1250 AD. They are the Ancestors of modern day Indians of the area and "Anazazi" means "The Old One's". They raised Corn, roots and tubers, Pinon Nuts (from Pinon Pine trees and pronounced "PEEN-yone - [long "O"] and Turkeys for Turkey Feather Blankets and food. It is a fascinating study to go and tour their Cliff Dwellings and learn about different cultures. They knew NOTHING about EPD's of beef cattle or barbed wire fences! :???: :lol2:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3q1c2mpn said:
ANAZAZI":3q1c2mpn said:
ANAZAZI-

It is interesting that you are from Sweden, and your screen name is "Anazazi". In the Southwestern United States - Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah - Anazazi is the word that the Navajo and Hopi Indian Nations use to designate pre-historic natives to the area - those who lived in caves (Such an in Mesa Verde National Park [prounounced "MAY-sa VAIR-day or more commonly "MAY-sa VERdee"] during the years 900 AD to about 1250 AD. They are the Ancestors of modern day Indians of the area and "Anazazi" means "The Old One's". The raised Corn, roots and tubers, Pinon Nuts (from Pinon Pine trees and pronounced "PEEN-yone - [long "O"] and Turkeys for Turkey Feather Blankets and food. It is a fascinating study to go and tour their Cliff Dwellings and learn about different cultures. They knew NOTHING about EPD's of beef cattle or barbed wire fences! :???: :lol2:

DOC HARRIS

Again Doc you are full of it; I mean knowledge!

This is why I chose the name; I was thinking of these things, the Anazazis seem to have had a good influence in these parts, albeit they have later been accused of some cannibalism.
The tribal anazazi pattern is also nice; as well as the nietchean warrior Tyr Anazazi with whom I share most phenotypical traits.

baxter78":g8gnvz2y said:
He owns a sale barn. Buys cattle for like 12.00 per head...the ones that die die and the ones that dont he resales and makes a killing off them. That is where him owning a sale barn comes into play as he buys sick cattle does not repair his fences and then this happens and he makes no attempt to make things right.

$12.00 a head?? where is this sale barn in AZ??
For that price I would come there and buy a truckload!!!
Some how all this is not computing.

Aaron":yxwfc0ok said:
You and the Sheriff load the cattle in a trailer, take them to town and split the cash. Should help to pay for the damages. Much better than SSS. :cowboy:

In Arizona any and all cattle going thru a sale barn MUST have the proper ownership papers at the time of sale,.
Livestock inspectors are at every sale barn looking at these papers, so what you are suggesting would lead to your arrest if you do not have ownership paper.
Not a smart move!!!!!!

oldmac":7i0z1aoy said:
Aaron":7i0z1aoy said:
You and the Sheriff load the cattle in a trailer, take them to town and split the cash. Should help to pay for the damages. Much better than SSS. :cowboy:

In Arizona any and all cattle going thru a sale barn MUST have the proper ownership papers at the time of sale,.
Livestock inspectors are at every sale barn looking at these papers, so what you are suggesting would lead to your arrest if you do not have ownership paper.
Not a smart move!!!!!!

Actually I was wrong about the arrest!!

From Arizon Revised Statutes

ARTICLE 7. SEIZURE AND SALE OF STRAY ANIMALS
3-1402. Holding and sale of stray livestock; repossession before and after sale; nonliability of state

E. Livestock that are received at auction markets without proper documentation but with no evidence of criminal intent by the shipper may be sold, but the director shall impound the proceeds of the sale in the livestock custody fund established by s 3-1377. On presentation of proper documentation of ownership, the director shall pay the proceeds, less any charges incurred, to the person who is entitled to the proceeds.

oldmac":fmywswuc said:
but the director shall impound the proceeds of the sale in the livestock custody fund established by s 3-1377. On presentation of proper documentation of ownership, the director shall pay the proceeds, less any charges incurred, to the person who is entitled to the proceeds.

May be cheaper to shoot them depending on the charges

Latest posts