Safeguard Cubes Taste Bad??

Help Support CattleToday:

The active ingredient is Cyfluthrin at 1%. What are the other 99% ingredients? Just wondering because I'm always interested in a great fly-spray, although my permethrin/corn oil concoction is working well. For now!
What is the recipie for the permethrin/corn oil concoction?? I would like to try it.

That's a good question. I found this, but it doesn't really say:

It, and most product information won't say. Not required by EPA or anyone else unless the pesticide is used close to food or food handling facilities. Basically, the 'other ingredients' are viewed as trade secrets, to make the product last longer, work better, make components compatible, prevent foaming etc.

Other ingredients fact sheet

H3]Why are the other ingredients not listed on the product label?[/H3]
Other ingredients are not required by law to be specifically listed on the label. Full pesticide product formulations must be provided to the EPA, but they are considered trade secrets or confidential business information.3 Therefore, the manufacturers do not have to list them.

There are some exceptions. For example, products that contain greater than 0.1% sodium nitrate or greater than 10% xylene range aromatic solvents, xylene, or petroleum distillates must list these ingredients on the label.2

If a pesticide product contains only ingredients from a special list maintained by the U.S. EPA and its labeling meets certain requirements, manufacturers do not have to register that product with the U.S. EPA.4 They may have to register it with individual states, however. These products must list all active and other ingredients on their labels.

How can I find out what other ingredients are in my pesticide product?

Manufacturers will sometimes provide some information on other ingredients on the product Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests can be submitted to the U.S. EPA for information on other ingredients. The US EPA may consult with the manufacturer before deciding whether to provide the information.3

Pesticide companies may disclose the other ingredients in their products to medical professionals needing the information to treat pesticide poisoning cases. Medical staff may be asked to sign a statement that the information will be kept confidential.

What is the recipie for the permethrin/corn oil concoction?? I would like to try it.
Literally just half & half using 10% permethrin. But I have a recipe a former member gave me for the equivalent of Ultra Boss & Ultra Sabre:

This one is similar to UltraBoss, 6oz permithion, 6oz PBO8 and 1 qallon corn oil. I add a pint of diesel fuel because I use old 5 liter pour on wormer containers and application gun.
This one is similar to Ultra Sabre, 3 oz Lambda-cyhalothrin, 6oz PBO8 and 1 gallon of corn oil, I also add diesel fuel to this mix.

Prentox PBO-8 Synergist is an emulsifiable concentrate that synergizes most commonly used insecticides. It contains the only US-made Piperonyl Butoxide as its active ingredient and it is used as an additive in many insecticides to help enhance their performance and resistance management. It is designed to help improve control of insects and mites using lower rates. With its low risk toxicological profile, PBO-8 is safe for humans and the environment. PBO-8 can be used in a variety of different locations from residential dwellings to livestock housing. It works with different types of fogging, misting, or spray equipment to let you use it according to site or pest requirements. But, it is not to be used in outdoor residential misting systems. When mixing PBO-8 with insecticides or acaracides, please do so as listed on the product label. This product has no insecticidal activity on its own.

I use a gun full on cows, 2 gun fulls on bulls and a half a gun or less on calves. I start behind the ears and go to the tail head. The recommend dose is 3 ml per 100 lb. Reminder, the under use of insecticides creates immunity and doesn't work nearly as well.

https://www.domyown.com/prentox-pbo8-synergist-p-15604.html

https://www.domyown.com/demand-cs-p-46.html

https://www.domyown.com/permethrin-sfr-368-p-445.html

My first time using this brand for flies so we will see how it goes but the applicator gun works good.

View attachment 17089
How'd it work for you? I bought some because we have so many ticks this year and I was disappointed; it didn't do squat for flies. That said, I've been gone and haven't had a chance to check for ticks yet.

How'd it work for you? I bought some because we have so many ticks this year and I was disappointed; it didn't do squat for flies. That said, I've been gone and haven't had a chance to check for ticks yet.
I had good results with it but we keep flu bags and stuff out too. I don't believe there is a silver bullet. It's kind of what level you have to attack them. 😄

Latest posts