Safe, dependable, affordable

Help Support CattleToday:

2021 New Hyundai Accent [ Most Affordable Stylish Sedan ]

A lot of people around here have Hyundais and have ran the wheel off them with good luck. They are still under 20k and very stylish. These little cars for the price are second to none and for a college student perfect. They are still available, if wanted, in a straight shift also as a few years ago I bought my daughter a straight shift Civic and son a straight shift Corolla as Hyundia was not around as much then.

Warranty and Maintenance Coverage

At 10 years or 100,000 miles, Hyundai and sister company Kia have the best powertrain warranties available, and the Accent is the latest in Hyundai's lineup to carry this class-leading coverage. The company also now offers complimentary scheduled maintenance that bests mainstream rivals.

2021-hyundai-accent-mmp-2-1596812851.jpg

Last edited:
Wife bought a new Toyota Rav4 about 3 years ago, which was a little over your budget but AWD. We've had good (although limited) experience with Toyotas.

Toyota, Honda, Hyundai/Kia, then everything else, in that order.

Hyundai has really been giving the rest of the pack a run for their money within the last decade or so, junk when they first came out but have continually improved.

The big 3 never really could figure out the compact car, guess that's why they've mostly given up on that segment of the market.

Stay away from anything with a turbo or a CVT transmission, just a simple 4 banger with a conventional automatic is best.

Toyota RAV4 is great but maybe not necessary in the south where maybe AWD isn't needed as much. I would say Toyota Corolla but if it was my child I'd prefer them in something a little larger than that in case of accident.

Toyota Corola with auto steer and auto braking. Guy at work got one new for $16,500 last year, his daughter loves it and it's a good college car for her.

Stay the he.... away from a nissan versa!
Biggest pos throw away car I've ever made the mistake of buying. Kia and Hyundai ain't that great either.

The Camry or accord is a good option in the used market. They hold together well. They just do.

Subaru makes fine machines for the money. Good used foresters are out there. We love ours!
The crosstrek Is not a bad buy either, around 20k or less last time I looked, tho its smaller in size. Good for young folks. Not so much for old fat peoples.

Nissan Altima is a good car. Not too big but not too small. My wife loves them but she did switch to a Rogue Sport this time.
I'd stay away from Hyundai. Nobody wants to work on them. Special tools required to change a belt.

Need a good little car to send a smart, pretty little girl of to college. Probably going to buy new, would like to stay around 20,000 .
I'm all ears......
a lot of my clients have been buying Nissan Rogues for their sales staff, price is about at that point and supposedly almost zero problems and low maintenance

We pay for "half" of our children's cars (they chip in usually 4-5k) and get them all Honda civics. They are expected to drive them through the end of college when they are free to buy whatever they want in their own.

a lot of my clients have been buying Nissan Rogues for their sales staff, price is about at that point and supposedly almost zero problems and low maintenance
Bought the wife a new Rouge in 2015. No problems and the engine oil always looks pretty clean. 67K on it so far.

Need a good little car to send a smart, pretty little girl of to college. Probably going to buy new, would like to stay around 20,000 .
I'm all ears......
Best car ive ever owned - ford fusion '13. Bought new, now at 130k. My daughter drives it now. Trouble-free ownership the whole time. And its Made in America. Well, assembled in Mexico 😣

Need a good little car to send a smart, pretty little girl off to college.
Probably going to buy new, would like to stay around 20,000 .
I'm all ears......
Why buy new when 2nd hand will do?

Start of college, something dependable and of course think safety.
Graduation is time for a new car, not when starting college with many/most dropping out before graduating.

16-24 yr olds have highest rate of atuo accidents.
Survival rate in car crashes is directly proportional to vehicle weights involved.
Put the odds in her favor with a big car, not a tin box.

Get her a 2010 Crown Vic police interceptor. :)

Why buy new when 2nd hand will do?

Start of college, something dependable and of course think safety.
Graduation is time for a new car, not when starting college with many/most dropping out before graduating.

16-24 yr olds have highest rate of atuo accidents.
Survival rate in car crashes is directly proportional to vehicle weights involved.
Put the odds in her favor with a big car, not a tin box.

Get her a 2010 Crown Vic police interceptor. :)
'71 Monte Carlo with a 454 and a '80 Caddy Sedan DeVille. Indestructible tanks and they were so huge at least 10 of my sorority sisters crammed inside - forcing me to be the designated driver (before seatbelts were mandatory). The 'rents had it figured out;).

Toyota Corolla with auto steer and auto braking. Guy at work got one new for $16,500 last year, his daughter loves it and it's a good college car for her.
My son has a 2015 Corolla with Power steering and Power brakes with a 6 speed manual. He has kelp it hot and I don't remember it being back for any repairs. I have a hard time driving as the gears are so close I can't tell if it is in 4th or 6th. I gave him my Ford Ranger also.

Latest posts