Sadie X24 x STCC Long Haul

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
First Embryo transfer here. Also, first cow I have had that slipped a pregnancy. She was AI bred back in December. Came into heat about a month ago. I had Dr Darin Stanfield transfer the embryo. She is day 24 today and has passed. She was a first calf heifer this last fall. Her calf was the Elevate calf I sold to Fire Sweep - Princess. Anyone had any experience with the subject cow or bull?

Bright Raven":2uax047j said:
First Embryo transfer here. Also, first cow I have had that slipped a pregnancy. She was AI bred back in December. Came into heat about a month ago. I had Dr Darin Stanfield transfer the embryo. She is day 24 today and has passed. She was a first calf heifer this last fall. Her calf was the Elevate calf I sold to Fire Sweep - Princess. Anyone had any experience with the subject cow or bull?

Going back to spring calving I see. :hide: JK. to bad she slipped the calf.

Video of STCC Long Haul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0whtrRvf3g

Davemk":72ogceof said:
Bright Raven":72ogceof said:

Video of STCC Long Haul.

Never Dave. I will roll her forward next year. :cboy:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":37g3w03a said:
Sorry, I do not know them. What is Sadie X24?
huiz9z.jpg

Davemk":3pl3as44 said:
Bright Raven":3pl3as44 said:

Video of STCC Long Haul.

Dave, I have been lucky on pregnancies. This is the first pregnancy I have lost. It is easy to know when you are 100 % AI and every cow delivers on the schedule. I suspect there was a defect in the fetus.

Long Haul is a good looking bull. He's one I liked since I first seen some of him. The calves I've seen from him look pretty nice too. I would have thought he wound now be more popular.

OK - I checked out the cow. She is a 2009 model, purchased by current owner in 2010. She is a half blood. Dam of Sadie was PB and great pedigree.
She has had 1 natural calf reported and two embryo calves. Not impressive. Did they use her for clubby calves? Just wondering what made her special to flush?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":8gyw3kvg said:
OK - I checked out the cow. She is a 2009 model, purchased by current owner in 2010. She is a half blood. Dam of Sadie was PB and great pedigree.
She has had 1 natural calf reported and two embryo calves. Not impressive. Did they use her for clubby calves? Just wondering what made her special to flush?

I don't know Jeanne. But if these are not good embryos, it is Fire Sweep's fault. :hide:

The 3 calves they got were 2 hfrs & 1 steer. All 3 were sold at weaning time. But, even if they were kick-butt great, they must have had commercial calves prior to flushing (two of the 3 were embryos). Her only natural calf was back in 2016??? I wouldn't be impressed enough to buy them.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2zkkhu8e said:
The 3 calves they got were 2 hfrs & 1 steer. All 3 were sold at weaning time. But, even if they were kick-butt great, they must have had commercial calves prior to flushing (two of the 3 were embryos). Her only natural calf was back in 2016??? I wouldn't be impressed enough to buy them.

You are full of good news. Maybe Fire Sweep knows something we don't.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":60xult96 said:
Just reading what's on her records.

I was just being ornery. Fire Sweep picked those embryos out for my tank. I don't have her background in pedigrees.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":vpzisnci said:

Jeanne,

I consulted with THE GREAT ONE. She said the cow has a noteworthy pedigree. I have had the embryos since 2016. So at the time, the off spring record was sparse. Nevertheless, she assured me that this calf will be legendary. I may become famous.

Bright Raven":bvxfs4su said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":bvxfs4su said:

Jeanne,

I consulted with THE GREAT ONE. She said the cow has a noteworthy pedigree. I have had the embryos since 2016. So at the time, the off spring record was sparse. Nevertheless, she assured me that this calf will be legendary. I may become famous.
That's a sound breeding decision. I figured you already was famous in your own mind.

True Grit Farms":1l5d1g44 said:
Bright Raven":1l5d1g44 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1l5d1g44 said:

Jeanne,

That's a sound breeding decision. I figured you already was famous in your own mind.

The ship has sailed. I am not going to abort the mission now. But I may fire my consultant.

Bright Raven":4xf81mp3 said:
True Grit Farms":4xf81mp3 said:
Bright Raven":4xf81mp3 said:
Jeanne,

The ship has sailed. I am not going to abort the mission now. But I may fire my consultant.
You'll be fine, any calf under your management is going to look good. That's a good thing about supplemental feeding, some may be better than others but they will all be nice. I've managed my cattle your way and liked the results. I'm just not willing to put the time or money that it takes anymore.

Latest posts