Saddle Pads

Help Support CattleToday:

I feel like my best bet right now is to find a saddle fitter. Even though I plan on selling this horse, I'm worried that this saddle won't fit other horses down the road. I'd rather have a saddle, like one of these Martin saddles, where they have developed a tree to fit a majority of horses. That way, I don't have to be worrying about finding a different saddle pad the whole time.

Does anyone know how I would find saddle fitters in Colorado?

Saddle fitters? - never seen one that was worth a hoot, problem is they make money going around and attempting to fit saddles but usually are short on actual riding experience. I have seen a few of them but never found one that knew what they are talking about. Better to find a good trainer in your area that knows what they are talking about or a good saddle dealer that has a lot of experience selling the right saddle to match a horse. Go to a specific saddle manufactures website and many of them have saddle fitting guidelines that you should be able to follow easily.

Good advice! I didn't know how big of a help they would be or not!

Hopefully I will get this all sorted out when I go home in 2 weeks. Thanks all for the help! :D

Latest posts