Sad...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that a couple of hours ago...and I'm still heartsick over it.

Alice

cfpinz":28mklfjy said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

Wife went to college there, we have friends/family members there now.

cfpinz

This has turned out to be a massacre.

My sister went to college there and still does work there from time to time. I've called some of my neighbors to see if they've heard from their children. There's a half dozen kids near me that attend. All I've checked on are safe.

This is so so sad. I had to do some errands this morning and was listening to the radio. At each stop I saw folks in tears,shaking their heads and some just angry. I've felt all three today.

Lets pray for the wounded and all the famlies. They need it now.

Wife talked with daughter an hour or so ago, daughter goes to UT Knoxville. Girl in one of daughter's classes is in a PANIC because her Sister goes to VT and the girl couldn't make contact with her. Sometime during class the sister calls her back, my daughter said it was like the whole class had a big sigh of relief after seeing the girl's reaction. It's amazing how connected we all are to each other.

Cuz

I just wanted to say to everyone who is a member on this forum or a visitor who has friends,family or aquaintances in the staff or student body that my families thoughts and prayers are with you.This was such a senseless act of violence and will take a very long time before anyone will be able to move on.I hope all of your children ,husband, wives, sisters or brothers were not one of the fallen or injured.

What a trajedy so many innocents lost today.

This goes beyond explanation. How do you explain such a thing to young children?

Can you imagine communities with several engineering students attending there? It makes your heart sink.

Mom, when she was living, could always find the "bright side" of any situation. There will never be a bright side to this one. It is a lose lose lose situation all the way around.

My prayers are with the communities and families.

john250":24c8xsnd said:
These things can't be explained. Except as the devil at work.

I've run this over and over in my head...and this is really all that can explain it. Tragedy, tragedy, tragedy...

Alice

I have never been able to understand how a person can just kill for the shear joy or meaness. There are truely evil people in the world to sit around and plot something so horrible.
This is why we should go back to public hangings of these animals. Even through this one shot himself a cowards way out.

i dont understand what kinda idiot would want to do this. what i want to know is what drove him to do this. and then to top it off, he kills what like 32 people and then shoots himself. if you want to die, just shoot yourself and leave innocent people out of it.

I just can't comprehend how anyone can be so comfortable with the death of innocent people, children at that. I have always been taught to forgive, this is one person that doesn't deserve it. Hope he likes warm weather.

cfpinz

john250":19zrvqpg said:
These things can't be explained. Except as the devil at work.
I agree. The devil and his servants.
The people in this country, by thought, word, and deed, have moved further and further out from under God's protective umbrella of grace.

I watched this on the NEWS tonight what a terrible thing to happen. My prayers go out to the families involved, to thoses that are dead and injured. My cousin who lives in W.Virg: Son attended that College so glad he has Graduated.

cowboyup216":1bop1zf8 said:
I might have known it would be a foreigner. No offense to chrisy or anyone else. I meant korean. I know he was from south korea and we have been having trouble with north korea only but still he was a foreigner granted a legal one at that I think he should have been monitored more closely. Granted I will probably catch flack for this but so be it. There was a break down somewhere and we cannot let it happen again. I am by no means racist or trying to stereo type in any way shape or form. It just irks me that this was a foreign national in this country legally as he had a student visa. Perhaps we should revoke the visas of all student nationals. After all didnt the terrorist from 911 get here on student visas?

Where I work off farm, I had to attend a diversity class a few years back. As with any class I always learn something. Good or bad. What I got from this class was I would have to ignore what I've been taught all my life. Taught being from my parents, Sunday school. I would have to forget basically everything I believe in or against.

Just one of the things folks forgot about globalization was, there are many on this planet that do not have the high regard for life as we do in this country.

As bad as I hate to say it I think what happened at VT yesterday is just the beginning of what we have to look forward to. The melting pot just boiled over again.

It's bad enough to put up with our own crap. Now we have ours and the worlds.

I listened to a doctor talking this morning. He said all were shot no less than 3 times. This shooter followed his plan and knew what he was doing.

The only way to stop these type instances is to allow teachers to have guns in the classroom.

These little cowards would think twice if he thought there might be someone in the building who could shoot back.

My heart and prayers go out to Virginia Tech. I am speechless and very saddened by this.

I'd like to know if the shooter was Muslim.

The shooter in Utah mall was Muslim and spent the previous 2 hours praying at the mosque next to the mall.

There was some sort of conference on emergency response to terrorist attacks a few weeks ago here in college station. the main issue was that there have been over 80 similar attacks in this country - all by muslim men b/t 17 and 34 years of age. these attacks have not been presented in the mainstream media and just written off as isolated instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts