Sad way to lose a dog. A warning to some

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
A fellow told me this story today. His neighbor went to the College world series one year and ask him to keep an eye on his German Shepard. The dog had access to the yard and a dog door to get in the garage to his bed. On day twofellow noticed the dog really hadn't eaten or didn't appear when he checked on him. He didn't have access to the garage so sent his grandson thru the dog door with a flashlight and instructed him to hit the door opener once inside. Once the garage door opened they found the Shepard dead. Seems like the owner son had drained the antifreeze out of his Mustang before they left and the dog drank the drain pan of coolant.....:(

Very, very sad! Brings tears to my eyes just hearing this.
It is pretty well publicized that it only takes a small lick of antifreeze to kill a dog or cat. It tastes sweet, so they are attracted to it. :(
There is a whole list of toxic human foods also. I hope that everyone with dogs googles it and keeps the list handy. Some that are surprising are onions, grapes, and many nuts. But the list is long.........

And they make bitter antifreeze as well that's less attractive. Chocholate is another one that isn't good for them either IIRC

I think chocolate is a myth, My daughters Chihuahua has eaten her weight in chocolate and she is still here. not long ago I came in the living room one morning and there was tin foil everywhere she ate a whole bag of Hershey kisses.