Sad news regarding a cherished member

Help Support CattleToday:

I was shocked to hear of Troy's passing on the radio this morning.
I've known him since shortly after we moved here in '94... had the opportunity to work with him when my kids were going through HHS, even though none of mine were in the Ag program. Always a kind, thoughtful fellow who had his students' best interests front and center. He'll be missed more than just on this board.

Micah your father was a good man, a man of God. We will miss him, but his absence here is nothing compared to the hole you and your family now has. I am not sure what we can do, but do not hesitate to ask if there is anything. Some here might be able to help in some small way. He meant a lot to me, and all of us here. It might just be a cattle forum on the internet, but your Dad's light shined bright for us. Godspeed Troy Goode

You have a good way with words.

Sad news, and brought back emotions of my own father, who was also 50 when he passed with a heart attack, trying to doctor a calf. He will be missed.

I agree with you. I lost my dad when I was 16 and have lost alot of love ones. It makes me sad when people loses love ones. I lost my dad so young, I understand it, I hate it for his wife and children. My husband said he remembered meet him, he came out to his job at the hemp green houses. He kept joking saying he wanted to check out their pot grow. I know I always enjoy his post, his knowledge, and joking on here.

Wow! I've always really liked Bigfoot's post. I've only exchanged one or two private messages with him in my time here on CT.
I wish now that I'd been a bit more persistent when trying to communicate with him. But now I'm seeing that he was a busy man, doing great things.
Feeling a bit cheated that I either never had, or somehow neglected an opportunity to meet him.

Go into your glory, Troy. Momma, and kids, take care, and comfort in the fact that he is a good Man!

Regarding Troy Goode, "There is no higher calling among men than the one who teaches a child to count ten.''
I would give credit but memory evades me at the moment...

This is Micah Goode Bigfoot's son. I came here to share the news to y'all. He considered many of you his closest friends and to a extent family. He always loved talking about the conversations he had on here with many of you. He has suffered a massive heart attack and passed away at 1:30 today. We appreciate the kind words many of you have said. It really means a lot thanks.
Micah you may not remember me but, I, along with Deepsouth, aka Todd, are the ones who came up and turkey hunted with you during the Hope Outdoor Turkey hunt. Your dad was a great man of God for sure. He always was sharing the Word laid upon his heart. It was truly an Honor to have met him. It is not easy seeing them go but rest assured, you will see him in a much better place when we get to heaven. Praying for you and your family. Live like he taught you and follow God's word. As many have said, we are not close to you but, IF we can do anything, let us know. Keep your head up high because he would want you to.

My condolences and prayers to his family. His posts were always well thought out and respectful. I looked forward to his opinion and thoughts. I will miss his input.

This is Micah Goode Bigfoot's son. I came here to share the news to y'all. He considered many of you his closest friends and to a extent family. He always loved talking about the conversations he had on here with many of you. He has suffered a massive heart attack and passed away at 1:30 today. We appreciate the kind words many of you have said. It really means a lot thanks.
Sorry for your loss! Messaged your dad many times as I am not far away. Prayers for your family.

Didn't personally ever meet but viewed and agree with pretty much anything he ever posted. I know where he is now through his witness and will meet someday there. I Don't get on CT very much anymore but will miss his commentary. Didn't think I'd ever post again here but felt I should remember a good guy.

Latest posts