Sad day in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I would like to ask everyone to remember my friends and neighbors in this part,and other of Texas who we're ravaged in the fires.
A little prayer wouldn't hurt anything.

Thanks Cal

Lets also remember to give thanks to all the folks coming in to help. The news said over 30 states are sending personnel. We need it.

There were many pieces of equipment lost in the fire fighting attempts yesterday. A friend of mine lost a dozer he hauled in to push with. Brush trucks were lost too.

Aircraft could not be used due to the high winds. I am hoping the water bombing planes can dive in today. Choppers are already in the air. I heard them. Hoppefully the winds will hold to less than 20 MPH.

The humidity was about 6 percent here yesterday. Wind gusts in excess of 50 MPH. All available equipment was already dispatched and there was virtually nothing to fight with when new out breaks occurred.

Ashes were falling on me. I had water tanks full in case we lost power to the house and water well.

A subdivision about 3 miles from here is mostly a huge congregation of mobile homes on the lake. It was all ablaze. The smoke was choking us all.

To everyone coming in to help - thank you very much.

Sure is a sad sight to see on the news. We will say a few prayers, for the losses people have suffered and also for calm wind and rain. The folk fighting these fires sure need to be in everbodys prayers.

Praying that everyone stays safe.
How did the fire start?
Sorry I don't have a red card or I would be heading your way.

News said the high winds made the electricl wires swing, make contact and spark...Winds were gusting to well over 50 mph and the entire area is a tenderbox.

Cal, I was wondering how you had got on. My goodness, the sky was yellow here on Thursday, like a tornado was coming. My eyes burned. We are two counties away, at least, from the fires. I'm so sorry about the loss of property and life. God bless volunteer fire departments.

We are thinking and praying for you. It is an aweful feeling of helplessness when you can't do anything to stop them. We had this problem a couple of years ago and it was trying on the nerves to say the least.

All the hotspots are out now. :clap: :clap: :clap: It's pouring down rain.What a blessing.
I doubt I forget this EASTER.We we're so lucky. all we lost was about 65 acres of woods and about a mile of fence and several bales of hay.The fence was old with wood posts but still in good shape.Even the wire is so burnt it cant be reused.Don't know what the ponds will look like.Probably full of black water.But should be alright by the time we get the fences replaced.
The firefighters,emergency service,and law officials done a great job.My deepest thanks goes out to them.
In 50 to 60 mile per hour winds there hands were tied.We now have the elect co. working overtime restoring poles wire and transformers.
Thank God we still have a home,a lot of our neighbors don't.

Thanks to yall for your concern. Cal

Cal, I'm so sorry for your and your community's losses. I hope you got some of this rain last night?

Cal, so glad to hear everything is out! What a disaster.. it's hard to imagine something like that happening.

There are some wonderful people in this country.. a lot of folks that give their time and resources to help. God bless you all.

My stepson drove in from Vernon this weekend. He told about how ravaged things were. Took pictures of blazes. It was horrifying. We got a call from him a little while ago after he'd returned home...said they got about 3 and a half inches of rain. Thank God!

Alice

It rained almost an inch and a half here. That was the best thing that could have happened.

Calman":1oc7hxfr said:
What a blessing.I doubt I forget this EASTER....Thank God we still have a home

Amen, Calman! My husband and I both rain outside to just stand in the rain like a couple of kids on Saturday night. It was a welcome relief after days of uncertainity. I'm glad to hear everything turned out as well as it did for you.

Texas Gal":2a0asduu said:
Calman":2a0asduu said:
What a blessing.I doubt I forget this EASTER....Thank God we still have a home

Amen, Calman! My husband and I both rain outside to just stand in the rain like a couple of kids on Saturday night. It was a welcome relief after days of uncertainity. I'm glad to hear everything turned out as well as it did for you.

Hi Texas Gal,I was wondering if the fire got your way.Hope it bypassed you.

Cal

Latest posts