Sad Day in PBR

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
My close friend Marlene Henry had to put down her bull. She knew him as her Pet,in The PBR he was known as Mick E. Mouse. It was a great loss cause most of us that follow bull riding thought this bull would have been bull of the year as well as breaking all the buck off records. Out 35 times never ridden , average ride time 2.1 seconds. RIP Mouse

That is terrible. Especially considering she only has the one. Maybe she was able to collect semen on him somewhere along the way. My son started a very "small" born to buck program about a year ago. That is a tough business to get in to. So much relies on luck (I don't think bucking is highly hereditary), and so much relies on connections. She was very fortunate to have one like him.

Hate to hear that. Always enjoyed watching him. I can remember more Bulls over the years than bull riders.

A.J.":icc87wbn said:
Hate to hear that. Always enjoyed watching him. I can remember more Bulls over the years than bull riders.
Def agree with your last statement. Great bull to watch over the last few years, always looked forward to seeing what he was going to do :tiphat:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/rodeo ... 635d9.html

PUEBLO, Colo. — Stock contractor Marlene Henry has informed the Professional Bull Riders that the legendary Mick E Mouse was euthanized Tuesday because of unexpected medical complications.

Mick E Mouse suffered a slight fracture in his lower back during the 15/15 Bucking Battle in Billings in April when he slipped as Nathan Schaper attempted to ride him. He was treated at Texas A&M University and returned to his home in Brownsboro, Texas, to recover during the summer.

Henry expected Mick E Mouse to return to the Built Ford Tough Series (BFTS) last weekend in Biloxi, Miss., but irregularities in his behavior led Henry and Loudamy to seek an additional opinion from veterinarian Gary Warner. During the exam, Warner discovered that the bull had developed a lesion on his back.

"We suspect that Mick E had a lymphoma lesion within his lumbar spine that caused an inability to properly be able to use his rear limbs." Warner said. "We tried to treat him, but he wasn't responding so it was time to make that decision. It was a great loss for the sport. I really loved that old bull."

It was not an easy decision for Henry, but she said she wanted to ensure that her prized bovine would not be suffering anymore.

"Mick E is no longer in pain," she said. "I will say it has not been all bad. It has been the greatest ride ever. I don't care if he was No. 1 in the PBR books, but he was to me. He can go to the rainbow bridges and be fat and sassy."

This year was the 7-year-old bull's fourth season on the BFTS, where he remained unridden in 34 outs. No bull rider ever conquered him, leading to the possibility of him reaching or even surpassing the PBR record of 42 consecutive buck offs set by Bushwacker in 2013.

The 2015 PBR World Champion Bull contender managed to buck off riders such as 2013 PBR World Champion J.B. Mauney, 2014 PBR Rookie of the Year J.W. Harris, 2008 PBR World Champion Guilherme Marchi and current No. 3 rider in the PBR world standings Matt Triplett. He also posted the top bull score of the 2015 BFTS season with 47 points out of 50 in Anaheim, Calif., against Harris.

According to probullstats.com, Mick E Mouse has acquired an average bull score of 44.76 points. The riderclosest to hitting the 8-second mark was Harris during the 2014 BFTS event in Thackerville, Okla., but Mick E Mouse tossed him in 7.47 seconds.

"Mick E Mouse was an extraordinary animal athlete with an incredible story behind his rise to fame." PBR CEO Sean Gleason said. "He was one of those special bulls with the raw talent and a never quit attitude that made him virtually impossible to ride. It is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to a remarkable bucking bull and the entire PBR organization is grieving with Ms. Henry and Mr. Loudamy as they have to deal with the loss."

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/rodeo ... z3icAtCQqb

Dang that is sad. He was my favorite bull on tour loved watching him buck going to miss him. I really thought he had the best shot at bucking bull of the year. RIP Mick

Latest posts