Sad Day in Bulldog Country

Help Support CattleToday:

Williamsv

Reaction score
A very sad day indeed in Bulldog Country. Cannot believe GA has fired head coach Mark Richt. It is hard to believe a man of Mark Richt's character and integrity would be asked to step down after the bowl game. I do not know where they will find one any better.
I hope all the disgruntled fans are happy. This one is very upset. He came to GA as head coach while my daughter was a Sophomore there. We always enjoyed seeing him at church and in restaurants in Athens. He always took time to come by the table and talk.
He has done a lot for GA, his church, and the whole community. He and his family will be missed.
I would like to see him named Atheletic Director. Hope he will soon find a good place that wants him and he probably will. God will not close this door and not open another one.

Again, it always comes down to who is currently available that is BETTER!!!! And this year the answer is NO ONE. There are a multitude of programs searching for new head coaches at the end of this season...and there just aren't that many big time coaches available. Where ever coach Richt ends up will be dang lucky to have him!

Some team will be happy to land Richt and I think UGA and its fans will miss him. Some fans don't know how good of a coach they have until he is gone.

Richt still has a job at UGA if he wants it. I'm glad they're making a change. Former bulldog player and Georgia native Kirby Smart ('95-'99) and currently the defensive coordinator at Alabama looks like the best candidate.

Richt had the highest winning percentage as a coach in UGA's history. The fan sometime forget the facts and obviously the decision makers.

Wewild":184ctmqu said:
Richt had the highest winning percentage as a coach in UGA's history. The fan sometime forget the facts and obviously the decision makers did today.

Mark Richt was more than a football coach. He was a Life Coach for his players, preparing them to be good men after college. I don't think anyone could have asked for a better man to coach the GA Bulldogs.
Many of us were shocked and hurt when we heard the news. It has really made me feel like I have lost a close friend. I was looking for Paul Johnson to be fired not Mark Richt. I hope UGA will not start firing coaches every time their teams lose a few games. Every team cannot win every game every year. The coach cannot help what the players do or do not do. UGA was doomed the Saturday that Chubb got hurt. That was not Mark Richt's fault.
Just hope Richt goes on to a good place where he will be appreciated. I hope the disgruntled UGA fans can find a winning coach and some star recruits. Good luck to them.
Good luck to Mark Richt. He was one Da-- Good Dawg and always will be.

ga.prime":3sawqk7b said:
He'd have been fired before this year if I was making the decision.
What did he do to pizz you off? Seems he fulfilled his job requirements pretty darn good. All except going 12-0 every year he was there.

On his way to fix 'the U'. As someone who genuinely rooted for the bulldogs while Richt was there, now it wouldnt bother me in the least to watch them suffer through a decade of mediocrity. ................got, until it's gone!

TexasBred":3ea1yxmk said:
ga.prime":3ea1yxmk said:
He'd have been fired before this year if I was making the decision.
What did he do to pizz you off? Seems he fulfilled his job requirements pretty darn good. All except going 12-0 every year he was there.

That's about the size of it. It seems a lot of fans measure their football team based solely on number of NC's won.

Back in the day, the AP just named one, so it wasn't as big of a deal. But ever since we started using the BCS to decide a more legit NC, it's been an arms race of greed and ego to see who wins the next one.

This will be my last post about Mark Richt. I just wanted to share a part of an article that was written by the Sports Editor of our local paper. " Coach Richt did things the right way, he was an excellent coach as those who know something about coaching will tell you, he was an even better role model and character builder. A Christian who walked the walk, an honorable man who other coaches choose as their choice to coach their own kids. In my eyes the finest example of what a college coach should be and he was definitely done wrong by the University of Georgia. May God Bless you Coach Mark Richt. Jesus is watching."
I hope to hear great things from him at his home in South FL, back at his Alma Mater. As for the GA Bulldogs, my enthusiasm is over. No more red and black outfits on game days. I think I will send all GA shirts and jackets to Goodwill. Maybe a really losing season will make the Athletic Director and the President think about what they did last Sunday morning. I surely hope so. I never would have thought the President would have gone along with this. A big disappointment in him.
If you would like to read this complete article go to (http://www.cordeledispatch.com/author/joejoe.wright/)

That is a good philosophy. Just an observation that I have made over the years...........Just about no matter what you do for a living (besides social work) putting people first will usually stall your career. May not be true in every situation, but it is often true.

ga.prime":30iqlnpv said:
Richt still has a job at UGA if he wants it. I'm glad they're making a change. Former bulldog player and Georgia native Kirby Smart ('95-'99) and currently the defensive coordinator at Alabama looks like the best candidate.

Looks like Smart is headed for UGA.

Latest posts