SA Neutron 377 son

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
There was some discussion several weeks back about 377. We just brought a yearling bull home from test and I thought I'd share his performance with those considering using 377. Dam is an 8180/Leachman Conveyor cow. I'll see if I can get a picture posted later this week.

His actual BW was 84 lbs. (2/27/04), everything below is adjusted:

205 day wt - 818
365 day wt - 1443 lbs.
365 day hip height - 53.2

Test Performance:
ADG ratio – 105.1 (4.54)
WDA ratio – 116.5 (3.92)
Scrotal – 41.0

Ultrasound data:
IMF – 4.65
Ribeye – 15.2
RibFat - .42
RumpFat - .58

His EPDs:
BW – 3.1
WW – 52
MM – 20
YW - 96

Looks great on paper-and that plus his appearance is all you have to go on at this point. I'd take a chance on him if he looks good, and I'm sure he does or you would'nt have him. :)

Ok, maybe this will work. He's still pretty fat from the feed test, but seems to be walking OK. Hopefully, someone will want to take him home from the sale. Remeber he's not 13 months old yet...

cattle018.jpg

cattle017.jpg

this is the one that makes me happy:

cattle009.jpg

She's a Right Time with her first calf standing behind her (a Dateline heifer).

I have a cow I AI'd to Neutron 377 to calve next fall. The reason I picked him is because I believe it said something about topline conformation? The cow I have has a not real good topline & I was hoping to get some of that to better her offspring. Anyway I hope it works.

Frankie, you won't have any trouble selling that bull. You bred a heifer to Vermillion Dateline? Isn't that risky?

ga. prime":1mnqemtg said:
Frankie, you won't have any trouble selling that bull. You bred a heifer to Vermillion Dateline? Isn't that risky?

No, I wouldn't use Vermillion Dateline (VRD) on a heifer. As jscunn said, this is a Connealy Dateline heifer. He's a 6807 son, a proven calving ease bull, plus we've been pleased with his daughters.

Thanks for the encouraging words about the bull.

Latest posts