S&W

Help Support CattleToday:

Not a bad looking bull,, but I hate it when celebs ain't done their time...I like to deal with a cowman..the ones that's worked all the angles...the ones that know what ingredients go into making a cake

ALACOWMAN":l5iceqbh said:
Not a bad looking bull,, but I hate it when celebs ain't done their time...I like to deal with a cowman..the ones that's worked all the angles...the ones that know what ingredients go into making a cake

:) well said Alacowman! Decent looking bull. It always scares me anymore when a bull comes out of an operation where they can afford big money to hype a bull. Not that that in and of itself makes the bull a dud. Chances are there are sires available that have progeny that have proven the bulls value in a working setting. Let time tell on the S&W and save your self the disappointment of unrealized unrealistic expectations.

Me thinking about using this bull or buying his offspring has nothing to do with who owns him. I am interested in this bulls blood lines his sire was Bullet Proof who is a rock solid bull has produced lot of quality offspring. I have seen offspring from S&W and they look pretty good so I think he has proven himself a quality sire on his own. I can pay $55 for S&W semen or I can pay $125 for Bullet Proof I think $55 makes more sense. Here is a link to Bullet Proof http://www.swingingbranch.mysite.com/la ... age_5.html I think most would like having these bloodlines in their herd.

ok if you want to buy smith and wesson semen great as he was a swingingB ranch bred bull.that was sold to painted springs ranch.bullet proof died here a while back.either bull would work on your cows wacocowboy.but you have to decide wich bull you really want to try.and not look at the differance in semen cost.i do know that painted springs will have a sale this fall with heifers bulls and embroyos out of smith and wesson.i have a feeling that the cattle will sell for big money.

http://swingingbranch.mysite.com/medium ... age_4.html There is a S&W daughter and a BP daughter right next to each other both are outstanding so I just don't see paying $70 extra. Theses are just 2 bull I am considering there are several others in the same price range. Yeah wish I could go to that sale but to far. I think I will see if Swinging B sells some more S&W or BP daughters wonder what those 2 brought back in April.