S s objective t510

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
I have came across several commercial heifers for sale sired by objective. I know he is an older bull but I have no experience with him. Opinions on him would be appreciated

He probably made a lot of folks a lot of money, but everything that I've ever seen from him was a high headed pos

Thanks. I had read about him but this was the first calves I have seen.

Have never owned anything by him or that had him very close up in the pedigree. Heard a vet comment that they had a bull by him that they liked well because of calving ease. Like others have commented already I have seen several daughters sell and probably most looked ok, but I would not have wanted them due to disposition. I have learned from going to sales there are some lines that seem to be consistently foul tempered and fast and Objective is one of them. Could be that those are culls and they may have several good natured ones still in the herd, but I'm not convinced of that.

Objective T510 was the sire of my bulls Dam. Is that far enough back to not make a difference?
I ask b/c my bull is gentle as they come.

Hunter":34sssbkc said:
Objective T510 was the sire of my bulls Dam. Is that far enough back to not make a difference?

I am far from an expert on anything, but I would suspect that with as heavily used as Objective has been that are some docile progeny out there. The sire of the bull can have some effect as well, but it has been my experience that the dam does contribute a lot to the disposition of the calf she is raising. One case in point that I took note of is that I had a cow for several years, that was a good productive cow but on the flighty order. All of her calves were as or more flighty than she was except for one, a son of Hoover Dam, and he was calm and easy to work with. I felt like that with Hoover Dam being from a line of highly docile cattle that that trait passed on to that cows calf and counter acted her disposition.

I was at a dispersal sale a few years ago with a lot of OCC Homer daughters. They were all fire breathing dragons. Cleared out the ring men and swept the alley on their way out.

We won't buy anything with objective. Have always had to cull his progeny as they have caused us problems. If it is in the line, it is on the do not buy list for us.

I will let you know the second group of calves turn out as the first group were very good.
My heifers are commercial that were sired by a registered Limo bull. Go figure.

I have an Objective cow and she is about as gentle as they get. She stays fat as mud and is a true "tank" of a cow. Only issue I've had out of her is she is hard to get bred AI. Her bull calf from two years ago is a beast and is the talk of the town for his size.

Hunter":2xf6b8rf said:
It can always make a difference, whether it will is another matter. It's just the luck of the draw.

Your bull got roughly 25% of his genes from his grand sire T510 and 75% from his other 3 grandparents.
It's never an exact 25% from each grandparent as an individual will 'favor' one of the 4 more than the others.
His disposition probably favors 1 of the 3 other grandparents.

Genetics is like putting a half dozen dice in a cup and giving it a roll... you know it will be anywhere from 6-36
and on average you'll roll 21 BUT you never know when rolling the dice whether it will be over or under a 21.