S A V Govoner anyone ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I Am going to place an order at Herbster for S A V President for my cows , also want a heifer bull as well. I am not very familiar with his bulls. Was thinking S A V Govoner but I haven't seen any feed back or pics of his calves yet, I am open to any recommendations of any of his other bulls for 15 month old heifers .

Accuracy seems low to know much. 10 calves under BW. 6 reports on calving ease. 8 weaned and weighed. HP is not your question but is something to consider if you retain them since it is not an exciting number.

Have not used Governor. I'm sure he should work well on Heifers. Rainfall is the proven heifer bull of the group.
If wanting to use a proven heifer bull from Herbster, I'd recommend Gaffney Game Changer. He was a good Bull for us to use on the Heifers. We kept most of his daughters.

I plan using rainfall my self. I've seen a few governor calves .They looked avg to me and the other calves were catching up to the initial growth they had. Really docile and some decent length on them.

I was looking are Rainfall now. I guess I could sell bull calves from him as "heifer bulls". Shouldn't be hard to sell . I wonder what mature size on Rainfall progeny will be.