Rusty Farm Equipment

Help Support CattleToday:

gimpyrancher":3p9c62sb said:
Dad taught me about Rustoleum when I was very young. It's my go to for rust and rust prevention. But that's just me. :2cents:

I am gonna try that rusty equipment primer and see how that goes.

ResizedImage_1357184634699.jpg

ResizedImage_1357184702119.jpg

Looks good--Ford blue? Ya wanna come do my old 3600?

I have what looks like that same blade--and an old 'yard art' mule drawn sickle mower I need to paint.

greybeard":2l55gdpt said:

I have what looks like that same blade--and an old 'yard art' mule drawn sickle mower I need to paint.

Thanks Greybeard after hunting season is over saturday I will be bored for a while so you pay for shipping to and from my place I will pay for the paint.. Deal ? LOL Yes sir it is ford blue I love that blue. Really ? I don't know who made that blade and never used it yet but seems to be pretty sturdy I have an old john deere horse drawn sickle mower and a mccormick cultivator I need to paint thats gonna be my summer project. I tell u what I painted all that equip. with a spray gun and I only had 1 gallon of paint and 1/3 gallon left but it was time consuming.

skyhightree1":6g2wjdxg said:
greybeard":6g2wjdxg said:

Thanks Greybeard after hunting season is over saturday I will be bored for a while so you pay for shipping to and from my place I will pay for the paint.. Deal ? LOL Yes sir it is ford blue I love that blue. Really ? I don't know who made that blade and never used it yet but seems to be pretty sturdy I have an old john deere horse drawn sickle mower and a mccormick cultivator I need to paint thats gonna be my summer project. I tell u what I painted all that equip. with a spray gun and I only had 1 gallon of paint and 1/3 gallon left but it was time consuming.
I think I see them off to the right in the next to last picture.
I think my mower is a Dearborn--not sure tho. It had an ironwood tree grown up in the middle of it when I found it way out on the east side of my place a longtime ago. I had wondered what happened to it--I actually rode on this one when I was a kid, pulled by an 8N my father was driving. Cutting cornstalks--it was an adventure when it hit one too tough to cut, and my dad wasn't watching close. It would try to sling me off that old iron seat. Had the rake that went with it but it's at my sister's now, with a big gob of honeysuckle grown up in it.

I don't know much about them, i just bought a piece of land and there was a 7 foot blade just like the one in your picture that they left on the place, it seem a little lite but will probably work fine to pull over the driveway.

Latest posts