Rustic ranch entrances

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
thinking of improving my entrance, looking for ideas, Nothing fancy , maybe something different,
Anyone willing to post a picture of your entrance to get ideas would help. From the very basic entrance on to more elaborate entrance.
My son wants to make the entrance out of cedar stays, my wife not fond of the idea, I like something basic not fancy just something that looks like a old poor boy ranch entrance,any pictures would help. I am more of the old Ace Reid calendar type of person, but for the families sake I need to step up a notch.
Thanks in advance. :cboy:

You mentioned cedar stays. I don't have a photo, but I've seen entrances with the gate set back from the road fence, and the wings were made from horizontal pipes, one near the ground and one about waist high, with cedar stays tied vertically to the pipes and tight up against each other so they make a wall. That looks pretty good. If I get a chance this weekend I'll get a photo.

We don't have an entrance other than a wire gate but this one uses cedar logs:

48f7a6e3425c74967d13e98602bb3217.jpg

More cedar

forpage84_tall_log_entry_way_with_sign_western%20days_greenleaf_forestry.jpg

08d1424bbfebb115b812db4cf150c98d.jpg

Billion different ideas would just google it use google image search. Anything from stone pillars with iron gates with designs and ranch name on em, big cedar frame entrance and support posts. Possibilities are endless.

I'd avoid any overhead arch etc. Limits you too much on what can come through the gate unless you make it very tall.

Joneses leaving or what. Cattle guards are all i got.they gotta have a entrance, we fire off a couple shots, they pull up.

TexasBred":2kqgk4c4 said:
I'd avoid any overhead arch etc. Limits you too much on what can come through the gate unless you make it very tall.

Yes. My backhoe boom would take out those entrances in the pictures. Round bales stacked two high on the trailer might get a little marginal since they're usually a little under 12 feet.

callmefence":39ymib9w said:
We always build headers with at least 15 foot clearance. If you can take it down the interstate , it'll fit

Fence do you build entrance gates for people too? Have any pictures?

NECowboy":npmzq83c said:
callmefence":npmzq83c said:
We always build headers with at least 15 foot clearance. If you can take it down the interstate , it'll fit

This one is on the table right now. Kinda off a basic one we build a lot of these at a,low price.
And yes we build all types of custom gates.

If you're worried about taking out an overhead arch, build two entrances. Ours are basic entrances to the ranch (having a sign made but nothing fancy); the main entrance crosses the cattle guard but there is a 2nd one with two gates for combines, frack tanks, sprayers, etc.

TCRanch":2oyd7o01 said:
If you're worried about taking out an overhead arch, build two entrances. Ours are basic entrances to the ranch (having a sign made but nothing fancy); the main entrance crosses the cattle guard but there is a 2nd one with two gates for combines, frack tanks, sprayers, etc.

TC that's what I was thinking myself a lot of those ranches with fancy gates aren't going to use that as their farm equipment entrance.

callmefence":p2iznw52 said:
NECowboy":p2iznw52 said:
callmefence":p2iznw52 said:

This one is on the table right now. Kinda off a basic one we build a lot of these at a,low price.
And yes we build all types of custom gates

Awesome work fence! If ur in Texas give fence a call for custom gates!!

Latest posts