Runny noses and labored breathing.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

I have 4 cows that look like this one snot wise. And only one that has labored breathing. Just wondering what I should give them antibiotic wise?

Nothing to the ones without the labored breathing, it's most likely just the snots. The one with the labored breathing I would hit with a strong antibiotic for pneumonia just in case.

Thanks Dun, I guess something like Baytril or Nuflor I assume? Our vet says Baytril and a trusted friend says Nuflor. I wish they both had said to use the same thing.
That sounds like fun BC, but I will. Anything with less than 103 temp don' t treat?

True Grit Farms":vdwpvgnj said:
Thanks Dun, I guess something like Baytril or Nuflor I assume? Our vet says Baytril and a trusted friend says Nuflor. I wish they both had said to use the same thing.
That sounds like fun BC, but I will. Anything with less than 103 temp don' t treat?
I would go with Baytril

I think that I would probably treat her either way, temp or no temp. But it sure is helpful to know where she is at before the antibiotic dose. That way you can compare later if you have to call on a vet or give a second dose.

I think the flunixin is a generic banamine the other stuff is generic Baytril

I see they also threw in some Dex.

All of that ought to make a difference.

I agree with BC, its good to have a "baseline" temperature to work with.

dun":33ap3rq0 said:
True Grit Farms":33ap3rq0 said:
I would go with Baytril

I like baytril in the winter and Nuflor in the warmer weather