Running with the bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Some of those look pretty painful. The last guy about got ripped a new one. Literally. Lol. I don't like to see anybody get hurt, but maybe those bulls knocked some sense into them. I'd say a lot of those folks had some liquid courage to go do that.

Yea, I'm not normally one to watch people get hurt on videos. Those people made some poor choices though.

There's been a few times when I've been in the back at the stockyard and the bulls tore out of their pen and sent everybody scattering like that. A lot cheaper than a trip to Spain. :lol:

I remember one video of a guy following a darned big horse in a parade, the moron clapped his hands above his head, then slapped both sides of the horses arse.. horse gave him both barrels square in the chest... I'm quite certain he never did that again!

Last spring I delivered my friend's 5 year old longhorn bull to the sale barn, along with a couple calves.. He was pretty laid back (he still had his buddies), and in the pen beside them there were 2 smallish angus cows... I could see they meant business though... I couldn't believe people were avoiding the calm bull and getting in the pen with the cow that was out to take some names.. One guy was SO close to getting mashed, he must have felt her steaming up his butt... he was a lucky man that day and I don't know if he even noticed... And these are people I'd assume (dangerous I know) have at least some experience with cattle. I'll go into a pen with a calm bull any day before I go into a pen with a cow that's pawing the ground and shaking her head, though I do try and stay away from any animals I don't know.

5 years ago I sent a VERY mad SH bull to that same barn.. every handler I've spoken to who was around when he got off the trailer remembers him.. That's saying something for people who've probably seen 100,000 head pass through there since!... He was no small boy either at about 2500 lbs

No fair, those bulls horns are padded or capped so there isn;t a point. Of course I don;t see "the point" in running with them anyway.

You see the episode of Mythbusters where they tested "Bull in a china shop"?... it was a total bust, 3 bulls in the china shop hardly broke a thing!

Nesikep":23izhocs said:
You see the episode of Mythbusters where they tested "Bull in a china shop"?... it was a total bust, 3 bulls in the china shop hardly broke a thing!
Would have been different if there was a bunch of idiots running around with them.

I always root for the bulls when I see video of that 'running with the bulls' thing.
But, it's like a zombie movie--evidently, you don't have to be able to out run the zombies---you just have to be able to outrun the slowest ones in your group.

Latest posts