Running Arrow Bill - Question

Help Support CattleToday:

jw

Reaction score
Running Arrow Bill

I had an opportunity today to make a quick 392 mile trip to Canadian, Tx. It took me about 20 minutes to do the work I had to do and then I headed home, which is east of Dallas. On my way home I was just admiring the scenery and about 2 miles north of Wellington I passed a place with a gate that said "Running Arrow". Just curious, was that your place?

There is some pretty country in that area. Nice big hills, etc. and all sorts of animals. I had a young deer run across the road in front of me, had a mama wild turkey and her young 'uns crossing in front of me and 2 adolesent herefords on the road. They all made it to the sides safely. I usually don't go that far in my travels with the company I was doing the work for, but they were in a bind and, as with anyone these days, I can use the extra I will charge them. I left home at 2:00 A.M. and got to my destination at 9:00 A.M. I did my work and was headed home by 9:20 A.M. A 784 mile round trip. I was really too tired to stop, but if I am ever in the area again I would enjoy it. Thanks.

jw":108jfo9j said:
There is some pretty country in that area. Nice big hills, etc. and all sorts of animals. I had a young deer run across the road in front of me, had a mama wild turkey and her young 'uns crossing in front of me and 2 adolesent herefords on the road. They all made it to the sides safely. I usually don't go that far in my travels with the company I was doing the work for, but they were in a bind and, as with anyone these days, I can use the extra I will charge them. I left home at 2:00 A.M. and got to my destination at 9:00 A.M. I did my work and was headed home by 9:20 A.M. A 784 mile round trip. I was really too tired to stop, but if I am ever in the area again I would enjoy it. Thanks.

Yes...we have a decent supply of roadkill in our part of country...lol. Saw another doe (definitely stiff) on side of 83 this morning when I went to postoffice. Early morning and around sunset one should keep very watchful eye, especially if there are trees on property lines of the ditches...

Trust your company pays you well for those trips! The only I'd get up at 2 am and make such a trip would either be via ambulance or hearse...lol. Everything else can wait... (never had a "regular" job that had those kind of demands...

Latest posts