Runaway bales

Help Support CattleToday:

Green Creek

Reaction score
We were haying on some hilly pastures yesterday and when the baler dumped, the bale took off and eventually ran through a new five strand fence. :cry2:

Green Creek":1xua4jfe said:
We were haying on some hilly pastures yesterday and when the baler dumped, the bale took off and eventually ran through a new five strand fence. :cry2:

Got the shirt! That's one reason I'm not real crazy about bale kickers, but it doesn;t matter, they'll still get away sometimes.

Green Creek":1nptqpr0 said:

Biggest hills we have around here are the fire ant beds :nod:

dun":3fqcrxbo said:
Green Creek":3fqcrxbo said:

Got the shirt! That's one reason I'm not real crazy about bale kickers, but it doesn;t matter, they'll still get away sometimes.

I think I've got a couple of them shirts, the first one wore out. Anytime you bale in some hills, this will happen. I've been lucky so far this year, but I am also not done yet. Hasn't been a year go by where one or eight don't get away and roll into a ditch. It would be impossible to use a bale kicker in my neck of the woods. All we have are hills.

bandit80":29uan0tf said:
dun":29uan0tf said:
Green Creek":29uan0tf said:

I think I've got a couple of them shirts, the first one wore out. Anytime you bale in some hills, this will happen. I've been lucky so far this year, but I am also not done yet. Hasn't been a year go by where one or eight don't get away and roll into a ditch. It would be impossible to use a bale kicker in my neck of the woods. All we have are hills.
maybe some equipment company will invent a bale anchor or chock ;-)

So far rolled one off hill in a pond this year.
If it does not rain in the next few weeks it will be easy to get out!!!!!!

I once figured I would stop the run away and kicked a bale up hill. Kept kicking it and it would roll right back under the rear gate. Finallt drug it around and kicked it down hill. Folks on level gorund just don;t get to have the fun us hill folks do.

Use to square bale a meadow that was on the side of a hill and a lot of the bales would get stopped by the fence. I don't run my round baler on it, I'm afraid it will roll over. A neighbor upset his a year or so ago. Some make an extension on the wheels that makes them wider. I turned most of my steep stuff out to pasture.
Fred

Those kickers will get you every time. I've got a few places where I put all the hay on the downhill side of the roll. Makes 'em mean to load, but at least they set on a hillside.

i dont think ive ever seen a bale do the curly shuffle.nor have i ever seen a bale roll through a fence.but i know on hilly meadows it can happen alot.

Latest posts