Run Johnny Run

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":1b2iys1m said:
Good game last night, I heard the size 15 shoe comment also. They also talked about a possible growth spurt still to come. He may land in the pro's, without a couple more inches, as a QB ...... But like some a wide out or CB, time will tell.

He was a verbal to the Ducks to begin with, I'm glad he went to the Aggies, with him and Mariota being the same age, sure would have been a waste on someone's talent.

When Eddie George was doing his interview he did also say that he could do a 360 dunk with the round ball. I hear he's a scratch golfer too. That would be much "richer" and easier. Tiger could loan him his black book. :cowboy:

Brute 23":dnx2sdo2 said:
Kingfisher":dnx2sdo2 said:
Only the Aggies could find a 5ft Jewish kid from Kerrville and turn him into a Heisman trophy winner....I want to see him get off the mat! He's pretty slippery!

UT wanted him but he had a bar fight on his record.

How? If I was coaching college ball, I would be offering a scholarship to the officer that was able to catch him.

I hope I don't offend anybody but that's the quickest and fastest white guy that I've ever seen :shock: he has another gear when he hits an open field.You say he will get killed in the nfl?....well not if they can't touch him!!! Barry Sanders had that knack where nobody could get a good hit on him and I see that with Manziel.He's a special talent.

I'm going against the grain here. If he stays healthy I say he plays QB in the NFL and starts.

A QB running on a regular basis is going to have a short shelf life. Example RG3, bunged up pretty good already, and he has 3inches and 30 pounds heavier !

houstoncutter":1o8ew5mr said:
A QB running on a regular basis is going to have a short shelf life. Example RG3, bunged up pretty good already, and he has 3inches and 30 pounds heavier !
3 inches and 30 lbs easier to catch.... :D

1982vett":2anqcx33 said:
houstoncutter":2anqcx33 said:
3 inches and 30 lbs easier to catch.... :D[/quote

Which one would you rather try catch
Manziel 40 yard dash 4.5

RG3's dash 4.2

No doubt the young man is shifty and game day fast, but for just raw speed he's not

It must be Manziel's quickness and ability to see creases because he plays alot quicker than a 4.5/40!

houstoncutter":pgoh5ggp said:
1982vett":pgoh5ggp said:
houstoncutter":pgoh5ggp said:
3 inches and 30 lbs easier to catch.... :D[/quote

Which one would you rather try catch
Manziel 40 yard dash 4.5

RG3's dash 4.2

No doubt the young man is shifty and game day fast, but for just raw speed he's not

Griffin ran 4.38 at the NFL combine...Manziel's best is 4.42. Shiftiness and gameday speed is what counts. There is a reason they time 40 yard speed.....80 yard runs don't happen that often. A&M about beat Griffin to death in 2011 game. His "raw speed" did him no good escaping the rush.

Isomade":12efvj4c said:
I'm going against the grain here. If he stays healthy I say he plays QB in the NFL and starts.

I don't think that against the grain. I agree... but I say he goes pro at the end of next year because he catches so much heat like Tiger did.

UT won't take any guys with any kind of history of getting in trouble. JM apparently is actually kind of a hot head and has a little history. That one bar fight was at A&M, you are correct... but he has others.

4.42 speed in nice but what sets QB's like him apart is his ability react so fast, that is what makes him shifty. He'll be fun to watch for the next two years.

Well you guys are going to think I'm nuts but I don't think A&M beating Alabama was a fluke and I bet Bama or Notre Dame would not want to play A&M on monday night.I know A&M's losing those o-line guys but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't beat Bama again next season.

ousoonerfan22":2br7838a said:
Well you guys are going to think I'm nuts but I don't think A&M beating Alabama was a fluke and I bet Bama or Notre Dame would not want to play A&M on monday night.I know A&M's losing those o-line guys but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't beat Bama again next season.

I agree, A&M got off to a slow start with a loss to the Gators and a later loss to LSU, but finished one of the hottest teams in the country. ND got lucky a couple of times to get their wins and once again Bama got there with one loss late in the season ...... Bama got there because there Bama.

Everyone watches the same game, but we all see it different. A&M beat Bama the first half, and it was enough for the win. What I saw in the second half is what A&M is going to get next year. You guy's can blame it on the o-line, but Satan is a great coach and he's got better players. This can all change quickly if Satan leaves. Hard to beat a team when they get the best players in the country. Everybody want's to be a winner, and play for the championship. I think Johnny Manziel is going to be as big as RG3, and just as good.

ousoonerfan22":rppmb8kw said:
Sooner for now the team nobody wants to play is Baylor. :lol2: :lol2:

highgrit":1huwgku2 said:
Everyone watches the same game, but we all see it different. A&M beat Bama the first half, and it was enough for the win. What I saw in the second half is what A&M is going to get next year. You guy's can blame it on the o-line, but Satan is a great coach and he's got better players. This can all change quickly if Satan leaves. Hard to beat a team when they get the best players in the country. Everybody want's to be a winner, and play for the championship. I think Johnny Manziel is going to be as big as RG3, and just as good.

Highgrit....2 yards and 5 seocnds and the Bulldogs would be in the championship game....Got to see them twice this year and they were pretty awesome too...

TexasBred":1jtm61qb said:
ousoonerfan22":1jtm61qb said:
Sooner for now the team nobody wants to play is Baylor. :lol2: :lol2:

:nod: I agree we were lucky to have them in Norman this season but now Baylor is also peaking at the right time just like A&M.
It's too bad the playoffs didn't start this year but it would need to be more than four teams.

houstoncutter":1shjfmly said:

Unfortunately RG3 is a prime example of what happens to a nfl QB that is put in run based offense.

Andrew Luck was hit more than any other QB in the league, but finished the season upright. Big difference in the blows delivered to a QB in the pocket and one running around like a running back.

There is a reason why all high dollar NFL QB's are told to slide! Look at the life expectancy of even a running back. Today's Line backers and DB's are so big , strong and fast that you are not going to take too many hits and be able to perform long. With the penalty's and rule changes surrounding hits to the head the progression toward hitting lower around the legs is goinv to end some careers premature.