Rubber tire tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":3lyl8uvx said:
http://giantrubberwatertanks.com
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.

Ever priced them?

JMJ Farms":2zo5m03n said:
True Grit Farms":2zo5m03n said:
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.

Ever priced them?
Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.

True Grit Farms":2gtsrusx said:
JMJ Farms":2gtsrusx said:
True Grit Farms":2gtsrusx said:

Ever priced them?
Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.

May take you up on that. I need two. I will compensate you for your trouble. Diesel ain't cheap. I will call you this week and we will work out the details.

JMJ Farms":3koqype4 said:
M-5":3koqype4 said:
I make my own.

Dash, how bout give us a brief explanation of the process.

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.

M-5":2j2atx3p said:
JMJ Farms":2j2atx3p said:
M-5":2j2atx3p said:
I make my own.

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.

Thank you for the directions Darryl.

JMJ Farms":38zmabux said:
M-5":38zmabux said:
JMJ Farms":38zmabux said:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.

M-5":2vbcv3tc said:
JMJ Farms":2vbcv3tc said:
M-5":2vbcv3tc said:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.

I've got some old tractor tires lying around. I'm gonna see what kind of mess I can make. Will post pics.

There was a lot of coal strip jobs around here that you could get all you want for about free. Now I don't know with coals demise. I like mine for the float box to be underground with about zero maintenance as I have several like this. The ones I got are from 32 ply upto 36 ply as they will last longer than I need.

ONGE6s4.jpg

1dBkz72.jpg

yPj95XZ.jpg

MFI2KoA.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":a75fn72z said:

Good looking bulls. They sure are fat as I bet what time they don't have their mouth in that watering fountain it is in a feed trough of some kind.

jltrent":zu26kdhx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zu26kdhx said:

Good looking bulls. They sure are fat as I bet what time they don't have their mouth in that watering fountain it is in a feed trough of some kind.

Believe it or not JL I develop bulls primarily on grass and hay with just enough feed to keep them used to coming when called.

Latest posts