rubber boots

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411":33adq9up said:
I've never seen any rubber boots that go over regular boots either. Seems to me like they would have to be very loose to get them over the regular boots?

Overshoes come in two types - tall with metal buckles that allow you to adjust the fit, and short (about ankle height) with no buckles. They are sized according to the standard shoe sizes so you can get a proper fit and, if you buy a good brand, they usually fit quite snugly over either regular workboots, or cowboy boots. If you don't buy a good brand, they don't fit so snugly and deep, wet muck will suck them off your feet. Don't ask me how I know this, please. :oops: :lol: :lol:

The Bachelor":2bxlu1bl said:
Actually they were pretty tight. The wrappers made them wasier to come off as well as offer some protection from the snow (along with the rubberbands we used to have to put around our pantslegs and the wrapper).

I'll tell ya, it was a 20 minute job in the mud room getting those buckles unfroze and then taking off the boots when there were no wrappers.

I had forgotten about that, rubberbands and frozen buckles. Its funny how many of us have had the same experiences. We usually did not take the rubbers off of our boots, just undid the buckles. Rubber boots are much better.

I remember being 20 and wandering why old men cussed their rubber boots. At 50 when it comes time to put them on or take them off. I KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN! The plastic bags do help and I put on a new set to go into the house without taking off my shoes.

Larry

Latest posts