rubber bans on bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Jamal Jones

Reaction score
I helped put rubber bans on baby bulls today to turn them in to steers. How long it take for the sack to fall off? It dont seem to hurt them much. Thay just walk off and shake their hind leg a tim or to. If it was done to me I wont stop runnin until I get to the next county. These things are pretty tough aint they.

Jamal Jones":glq2l5pf said:
I helped put rubber bans on baby bulls today to turn them in to steers. How long it take for the sack to fall off? It dont seem to hurt them much. Thay just walk off and shake their hind leg a tim or to. If it was done to me I wont stop runnin until I get to the next county. These things are pretty tough aint they.

Heck, you did it the easy way. And you wasted some good food.

Best way is to cut off about 1/2 inch of the bottom of the bag and then grab the nuts and pull down hard on them until they break free.

Bet you can think of at least one person this should be done to if you figure on it long enough.

Next time you do this - cut the bottom off the bag and pull the nuts off and then deep fry them and eat them.

You will love them. But stay away from your baby momma - you will be a baby making machine if you eat about a dozen of them - makes you more ready than a bull with 4 heifers that are ready to breed.

Bet I have at least a dozen different recipies for them.

Try 'em - you will love 'em.

Bez+

Bez+":2qlp6o5a said:
Jamal Jones":2qlp6o5a said:

Heck, you did it the easy way. And you wasted some good food.

Best way is to cut off about 1/2 inch of the bottom of the bag and then grab the nuts and pull down hard on them until they break free.

Bet you can think of at least one person this should be done to if you figure on it long enough.

Next time you do this - cut the bottom off the bag and pull the nuts off and then deep fry them and eat them.

You will love them. But stay away from your baby momma - you will be a baby making machine if you eat about a dozen of them - makes you more ready than a bull with 4 heifers that are ready to breed.

Bez+

Yuck.

Lammie":399o4jvh said:
Bez+":399o4jvh said:

Bez+

Yuck.

Lammie, you know I got to say it. . :p . . . . . . . . . . . . . . at least they don't taste like spam or liver. :lol2:

1982vett":xof825hq said:
Lammie, you know I got to say it. . :p . . . . . . . . . . . . . . at least they don't taste like spam or liver. :lol2:

Mary's Cafe. Strawn, Texas. Some of the best eating calf fries you'll ever try. Get there early. That place is always full. Don't have any idea where the folks come from, but they come. More people at Mary's than the whole population of that little town it seems.

backhoeboogie
Mary's Cafe. Strawn, Texas. Some of the best eating calf fries you'll ever try. Get there early. That place is always full. Don't have any idea where the folks come from, but they come. More people at Mary's than the whole population of that little town it seems.

Hmm small town ,are ya sure those are "calf fries" ,maybe that is why the town is still so under populated.. :lol2:

YUK!!! I agree Lammie, why is it men seem to think they taste SO good ,,odd don't ya think.. ;-)

ksl1":156ngs72 said:
What do most people do? We have banded the last couple years. My Dad and Cousin cut'em.

I use bands. Usually catch them the first week. I prefer to band them new born.

We band the bulls at birth. They have a testicle festival west of us in the mountains.
Them rocky mountain oysters are not bad if they are cooked right.

backhoeboogie":1kuav2hh said:
1982vett":1kuav2hh said:

This place also has one hell of a good chicken fried steak. The small or regular is a complete meal and the large is enough for two.

1982vett":wea6ii9v said:
Lammie":wea6ii9v said:
Bez+":wea6ii9v said:

Bez+

Yuck.

Or chicken.................

Bez+":1u0nz3zb said:
Jamal Jones":1u0nz3zb said:

Ewwwww! I could have very happily gone all week without hearing this! :(

Bez+

Bez+":3eoyiw4n said:

Bez+
I don't think we want to PI$$ Bez off!!! :lol:

when I was a vet student at Colorado State we went (6 guys, 1 girl(me) 1 professor) to the Pawnee Grasslands. A cowboy on a horse and a dog brought in gathered cattle from off a huge range to a chute set up. We were to learn to palpate, castrate calves, etc. we did it 2 days. it was great fun. The cattle were wild.
At the end, they cooked the "fries". you HAD to eat them to be a tough guy. I can still remember them popping when you bit down.
I did cattle practice for 20 years, but I never ate them again.

It can take up to three weeks for the bands to claim the sack. If you want it to happen faster I would recommend you marry the bull to a heifer. The sack and all its contents will immediately become the property of the heifer and the nuts will be gone instantly.

backhoeboogie":3ok0l2rs said:
ksl1":3ok0l2rs said:
What do most people do? We have banded the last couple years. My Dad and Cousin cut'em.

I use bands. Usually catch them the first week. I prefer to band them new born.

That is what we did. We calved really early, most of the time January-March, so when the cow calved we'd give the calf about a week to "wake up". Then they'd get chased into a corner of the lot and I'd flip 'em and hold them for my wife who'd ear tag and band them. Always worked for us, but do it early. My bro-in-law and his dad bought a bunch of broken mouthed western cows off of the Montana range and their calves were maybe 7-8 months old and they banded them. One calves' "batteries" swelled up to the size of a softball, but he eventually dropped them and he was alright.
I actually like rocky mountain oysters. Had them on a drive through Colorado.

dun":2kd36d1g said:
4 to 6 weeks, occasioanly longer
I agree _ some time some HAIR will make look like their on longer

They are good eating
@ 13 I was invited to a CCA PAC Meeting and dinner
I told my Dad that one of the disks was the beat Chicken I've ever had.
V_Key this is a Cattlemen's Dinner _ That's not Chicken _ It's Mt Oysters.
The next day I asked _ "Dad, What are Mt. Oysters?
Their Good Though!! :cboy:

Latest posts