Roundup cancelled

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Had the family plus my helper Donald lined up for a big Saturday morning roundup of winter born calves . Had got down to only 5 that needed caught . Got up early,4:30 to go put out salt in the feeder close to the gate going to the catch pasture. Would you believe all but 3 pairs of spring calvers were in the pasture ? I know my wife is happy! Our cattle adventures can get heated sometimes . She told me last night she wasn't running! 😂 Instead of 6 people to catch them it took only 2 to get them in the catch lot .

I don't know about your assistance's. Not long after we first got married the wife and I were sorting a heifer and a bull. One of them ran through a gate. The tall rail of the gate hit her just below the eye giving her a black eye. She just picked up her glasses and kept on. Another time she was pushing a cow into the chute. A tail covered with green manure smacked her in the face covering her face and coating her glasses with green stuff. She walked to the house, rinsed off her face and glasses, and was back to the chute in less than 5 minutes. I have told her if I yell I am not yelling at her, I am yelling to be heard over the cow noise. She is ranch raised and owned a ranch herself. She says it comes down to if you get bucked off you get back on.

Last edited:
I don't know about your assistance's. Not long after we first got married the wife and I were sorting a heifer and a bull. One of them ran through a gate. The tall rail of the gate hit her just below the eye giving her a black eye. She just picked up her glasses and kept on. Another time she was pushing a cow into the chute. A tail covered with green manure smacked her in the face covering her face and coating her glasses with green stuff. She walked to the house, rinsed off her face and glasses, and was back to the chute in less than 5 minutes. I have told her if I yell I am not yelling at her, I am yelling to be heard over the cow noise. She is ranch raised and owned a ranch herself. She says it comes down to if you get bucked off you get back on.
Mines a country girl but not farm raised. She tries. She was throwing square bales with the best of them last week, she just doesn't have her nerve up when it comes to livestock. We'll get there.

Rare one there , you better keep her !

I got home and the new heifers estrotect tail patch was rubbed off, boss got home soon after. We've got a heifer "hot" honey!
OK, round her up and I'll be out there. Who else is gonna hold the tail for you. 🤣🤣