Round up ready canola....

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
How the frick do I kill that sh#t ?????????/

I bought canola bales to tie me over when we had that late snow storm in May and now the crap is everywhere.. They do not DIE..
Dumb,,, dumb,, dumb,, never ever ever again.

Help please.. :help: :help: :help:

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Monsanto Tip Line, Katherine speaking, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, I know this lady who planted stockpiled Roundup Ready Canola seed this spring without a contract." ;-) :cowboy:

Why not let your cows eat it? If you want to kill it, spray some 2,4D on it and it'll be dead before you can turn around. Canola is called Rape around these parts.

Thanks everyone. I have sprayed it twice with 24D and the second time I doused the crap out of it with an extra strong solution; everything else is dead but the canola keeps getting fuller and taller. If it was in a field it wouldn't bother me at all I would feed it ,but it is in my yard where the hay and machinery is all stored so grazing it is out the question. It looks like crap. All I did was accidentally kills some bees that were pollinating it. :(

I will try another broadleaf spray and see if that does it, when the rain stops. Mr. HD's dad comes tomorrow and every time his family visits us this time of year it snows.. :???:

GA we call it rape sometimes as well.

ga. prime":9eoq3ump said:
Why not let your cows eat it? If you want to kill it, spray some 2,4D on it and it'll be dead before you can turn around. Canola is called Rape around these parts.
Don't mean to get off topic but rape and canola are two different crops.

Except canola means "Canadian oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant, albeit genetically modified.

mnmtranching":30yqk6mb said:
Except canola means "Canadian oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant, albeit genetically modified.
Good old cut and paste.

hillsdown":2zglm5w5 said:
Thanks everyone. I have sprayed it twice with 24D and the second time I doused the crap out of it with an extra strong solution; everything else is dead but the canola keeps getting fuller and taller.

OK, Banvel+2,4-D is the thing. It's what I use instead of plain 2,4-D anymore. It's only about $32/gallon. The only broadleaf weed I've seen stand up to it is a purple flowered low growing thing that I perceive to be some form of Verbena. Cows avoid eating it. I sprayed 20 acres of bermuda pasture with it (2 qts/ac) back in the spring and it knocked out everything including horsenettles. Made the Verbena sick but some of it survived.

Thanks GA. I thought maybe my 24 D was old (have had it since last summer) ,so I got hubby to get me another 10l jug. I will look to see if it is Banvel and if not I will have to return it and exchange it.

I have stupid thistles everywhere now too that have decided to pop up after we finally for some rain..

options":2vb83y5f said:
mnmtranching":2vb83y5f said:
Good old cut and paste.

Options old boy, I think it's funny that this perplexed you :lol: :lol:
SO, now that you learned 'google' Go ehead and google up corn oil, learn where that comes from too. :clap:

mnmtranching":375llraq said:
options":375llraq said:
mnmtranching":375llraq said:
Good old cut and paste.

Options old boy, I think it's funny that this perplexed you :lol: :lol:
SO, now that you learned 'google' Go ehead and google up corn oil, learn where that comes from too. :clap:
Just reminded me of back in school how the teachers would tell me how wrong it was to use other peoples quotes without acknowledging it was not my work. It was that of someone else.

Latest posts