round hay balers

Help Support CattleToday:

willie garrett":38xe0u60 said:
which one is the best john deere or new holland.looking at buying a new holland br series.

They are both good and as long as you are not completely colour blind as so many Deere folks are - you would price your options and buy the best deal.

Money talks as I am sure you know.

In fact if you are going new I would not be afraid to look at Vermeer and a couple of others as well - Claas is one that my neighbour uses - and he uses it hard with good results. I have not used a Case IH in years but I bet they are decent as well.

When buying new it makes a big difference - most of them run pretty nice.

It is the used stuff that can be tricky.

Take them both home and try them for a couple days each. Then decide.

Good luck - my old 650NH now has more than 20,000 bales on it and I have never had to even fix a bearing that I can recall offhand - we just grease and oil them every day and put them to bed by the book for winter.

I did have to replace the left door when the neighbour forgot to latch it and the wind blew it open - took the hinges and all! He paid and I / we did the work. 8)

I still let him use it - he is a good guy and felt pretty bad about it.

Have a good one

Bez+

I bought new back in 03 because the used ones that were 10 plus years old were a third to half the price of a new one. I bought a New Holland BR 730, it is the small one, 4x4 and knowing what I know now I would have bought another brand for the simple fact that there are no gathering wheel options available for this baler and I also am not real happly with the twine cut, or should I say lack of twine cutting on some days. I also am not happy with the wind guard set up, it ends up in the feed roller at times, finally had to cut off part of it. Of course I run it hard but I never have time to go slow.

New holland and JD are both good balers IMO not much difference between the two I have ran and owned both , The reason I ahve ran NH for the last 7-8 yrs is because I get better service from the NH dealership than I did JD
I jsut bought another new NH baler a week or so ago
The dealership makes all the differences they are all gonna have a few problems and they are all gonna break

Bez
If I am not mistaken the NH and the Case are the SAME balers now

Angus Cowman":1qwy3gzx said:
The dealership makes all the differences they are all gonna have a few problems and they are all gonna break

Break and wear.And when it's time to make hay you don't wanna find out your dealer is a dork.

Latest posts