Round baler hitch

Help Support CattleToday:

I must say I agree my well being is worth more than some iron. I would try to put out with a extinguisher and maybe unhook if i can... but if got too hot thats what I pay insurance for so I say that to say this..... BURN BABY BURN.....

RCP":1lc8ojpz said:
I have absolutely no tolerance of slack at the pin connection. This is a Jd cab /air tractor and a JD baler and a connecting JD pin . At times even when I unhook in the barn I sometimes need a hammer to drive it back up, so it is impossible to just pull the pin, I may need to go to a smaller diameter pin ( and have a loose connection) All I know is I refuse to let my tractor burn, since I have wanted one like this for years, I can get another baler, but not a another tractor. Year before last Farm Bureau told me we had 11 burn in our county, so it does happen more than we think. ( They ought to know they paid for them ! ha, ) rcp
I have a JD tractor hooked to a JD baler and there is quite a bit of slack between the pin and the drawbar. I can easily remove the pin unless I'm hanging on a hill or something like that. You can refuse letting your tractor burn all you want, but it won't keep it from happening. That is what insurance is for. If she starts on fire and the extinguisher won't put it out you may as well let it go.

Latest posts