Round 7

Help Support CattleToday:

What happened in the 9th round on Cody ohl's calf? I went to bed, and my son saw it, but either did a bad job of explaining, or didn't understand what happened himself.

Bigfoot":2iryf44t said:
What happened in the 9th round on Cody ohl's calf? I went to bed, and my son saw it, but either did a bad job of explaining, or didn't understand what happened himself.

Calf is either sick or crippled
The calf walked out of the chute, Cody tried holding his horse back, but he broke the barrier and the calf only trotted a few steps.
He looked gimpy, but have just have a respiratory infection, he barely got into a trot and that was with a lot of prodding from Cody
Somebody should have noticed that before they ran him in the chute
It probably cost Cody a gold buckle

cross_7":2n7p9y91 said:
Bigfoot":2n7p9y91 said:

Calf is either sick or crippled
The calf walked out of the chute, Cody tried holding his horse back, but he broke the barrier and the calf only trotted a few steps.
He looked gimpy, but have just have a respiratory infection, he barely got into a trot and that was with a lot of prodding from Cody
Somebody should have noticed that before they ran him in the chute
It probably cost Cody a gold buckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpE8ZPhGq8s
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpE8ZPhGq8s[/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Watched the video. Thanks for posting that cross. Anybody that has ever rodeoed knows you draw a bad one sometimes, but that stinks.

Kathie in Thorp":1wsq4rhh said:
Haven't really been following the action faithfully. How are the Minor brothers out of Washington holding up in the team roping?

They are 2nd in the average and 3 rd in the world, if they win the average they may have a shot at the world, but I'm haven't looked that close to be certain on that
Everyone has struggled with the big steers
The horns arnt real flat and turn up some so the headers are missing a few
The headers are getting lots of rope out and are not able to jerk the steer around and give the heelers a good shot

Last year the steers were small with small horns
This year they are extreme the other way

The barrel racing has been good except for the fashion show
Taylor Jacob horse is super fast if she can figure out how to run him and not knock over the barrels
He is catty and quick, he cuts on a dime and so tight he knocks over the barrel, but is the best horse there

Jake Wright had a gold buckle pretty much won but they said he didn't mark his horse out last night so he didn't get a score and probably cost him the title

cross_7":9ho372q2 said:
Kathie in Thorp":9ho372q2 said:
Haven't really been following the action faithfully. How are the Minor brothers out of Washington holding up in the team roping?

They are 2nd in the average and 3 rd in the world, if they win the average they may have a shot at the world, but I'm haven't looked that close to be certain on that
Everyone has struggled with the big steers
The horns arnt real flat and turn up some so the headers are missing a few
The headers are getting lots of rope out and are not able to jerk the steer around and give the heelers a good shot

Last year the steers were small with small horns
This year they are extreme the other way

The barrel racing has been good except for the fashion show
Taylor Jacob horse is super fast if she can figure out how to run him and not knock over the barrels
He is catty and quick, he cuts on a dime and so tight he knocks over the barrel, but is the best horse there

Jake Wright had a gold buckle pretty much won but they said he didn't mark his horse out last night so he didn't get a score and probably cost him the title

Thx for the update!

Shane Hanchey is in the drivers seat in the calf roping, as long as he doesn't falter he'll win the average and the world
If he slips up Trevor Brazile is lurking
Cody was robbed by that calf last night and is out
Tuf didn't look like Tuf and I think when he switched from the roan mare for a couple nights then switched back to her was a mistake. He never looked comfortable.

Stetson made lots of rookie mistakes, but he's really good and has lots of upside
Caleb Smidt is a champion in the making, super talent

Latest posts