Rotella 15W-40 hard to find

Help Support CattleToday:

EasTex

Reaction score
Time for an oil change in the ole Dodge and I could not find any Shell Rotella at Walmart, Autozone, or Oreilly. Ended up getting Delo….Anybody else seeing a Rotella shortage?

Time for an oil change in the ole Dodge and I could not find any Shell Rotella at Walmart, Autozone, or Oreilly. Ended up getting Delo….Anybody else seeing a Rotella shortage?
My local dealer converted to MFA oil from Rotella

Just about started a thread about that myself. I went probably a month ago through 3 counites and bought out all I could find. I have not seen any restocked since.

Last edited:
Yea I ended up with the silver jugs on the last oil change, because I couldn't find the white jug. Now I can't find any Shell oil. The kid at Oreilly said Costco might have it. He said his Oreilly store has not had it in months. There is still a place on the shelf for it though. I guess Delo is just as good, but I've always used Rotella.

Yea I ended up with the silver jugs on the last oil change, because I couldn't find the white jug. Now I can't find any Shell oil. The kid at Oreilly said Costco might have it. He said his Oreilly store has not had it in months. There is still a place on the shelf for it though. I guess Delo is just as good, but I've always used Rotella.
I hate to switch oil brands as I have always used Rotella.

Last edited:
None to be had here either. Not sure what I will switch to because I really liked Rotella. Mechanic said Delo is probably as close as anything else. That is the factory oil for Caterpillar so it must be pretty good. Anybody know much about Schaffer's? He said that is what he runs in all of his stuff, supposed to be a step up from Rotella. Takes me @ 60+ gallons a year to keep everything here serviced.

We had our aluminum stock trailer washed at a place where they clean semi trailers. The fellow that owns the place told us the semi owners are using Delo and liking it better so he is recommending it. This was at least a couple of years ago. We had never heard of Delo at that time, but we have used it since.

Different subject but it seems that the Covid Rapid tests are in very short supply.
They are going fast. Someone in my office tested positive over the holidays. I picked up a few boxes to test everyone else(luckily all are negative). But this crap is everywhere and by next week we will see a huge explosion of cases.

A close friend of my wife's a week ago Sunday, she visited, and by Wednesday was on a ventilator and still on.

I had a dozen kits but have been giving them to people that needed them. Used 3 of them myself over the last 2 months. All negative. Down to 2 kits and now it's on the local news about a shortage of test kits.

They are going fast. Someone in my office tested positive over the holidays. I picked up a few boxes to test everyone else(luckily all are negative). But this crap is everywhere and by next week we will see a huge explosion of cases.
Those authoritarian "vaccines"
will stop it along with the mask.

I was talking to a friend who works for a pharmaceutical co. He said there is about 20% of the population (for reasons unknown) do not get covid. At the beginning of the spread a year and half ago the navy ship that had to stay out to sea and the cruise liner not going into port for weeks all had exposure to the virus. 20% on both vessels were never affected.

I was talking to a friend who works for a pharmaceutical co. He said there is about 20% of the population (for reasons unknown) do not get covid. At the beginning of the spread a year and half ago the navy ship that had to stay out to sea and the cruise liner not going into port for weeks all had exposure to the virus. 20% on both vessels were never affected.
Type O blood??

Latest posts