Rotella 15W-40 hard to find

Help Support CattleToday:

RK does give you a bag of popcorn and TSC does not which I usually don't get.. The TSC next to the RK I went to HS with one of the women that works there and see her from time to time. The RK sells guns and ammo and a little better stock, but I like the TSC probably better.

Last edited:
Both local TSC stores are horribly understaffed and inventory is disappointing.

I've only been in 2 RK's, but I noticed the workers in each were older and more helpful. Prices were better in RK from what I compared.

We don't have a RK, so I have never stepped inside one. The closest TSC is a couple hours away in Rawlins; I can't say that I was all that impressed with it. We used to have a Linton's Big R here, but it sold out to Murdoch's a few years ago; they cater more to the horse people now. I do like Bomgaars, it seems to be a pretty good store.

For the "closeby " members... I was in Advance in the "Draft", and saw some Rotella 15/40 on the shelf there. Anyone needs it, let me know and I will go by and check it out specifically and pick it up if you need it. Saw "regular" and synthetic but I was getting my battery tested and had to get home and pack milk samples so didn't look real close. You can contact me through here, or PM and I will give you my cell and we can talk. I am near SD twice a week for PT and I will be going near there tomorrow (SAT) morning to test... but they might be closed.

A couple Walmart's and TSC I was in a few days ago both had Rotella 15w-40 diesel oil in stock, so hopefully inventory is coming around again.

Last edited:
I just bought three five gallon buckets of the Mobil Delvac 1300 last week. The local Napa store usually caries it, but they were down to two one gallon jugs. When into Murdoch's and took all they had. Napa wash not sure when they were going to get more in stock. I feel lucky that I got what I am going to need for the year.

We also bought some tires; we wanted the Goodyear Wranglers, but was told they have been on back order for four months. Yesterday I tried to order some custom ear tags, but they are not taking any orders due to the supply chain problems; I was told it maybe several weeks before they will begin taking orders once again. This whole supply thing really sucks the big one.

Both local TSC stores are horribly understaffed and inventory is disappointing.
Same here. Inventory leans heavily toward hobby horse and dog/cat people........and high priced clothes and crap to hang on walls.
Tractor Supply's tractor section consists of 1/2 of a short aisle with a few pto drive shafts, some Ford 'N' series stuff and a few sorry looking (hi $$$) replacement seats.

Same here. Inventory leans heavily toward hobby horse and dog/cat people........and high priced clothes and crap to hang on walls.
Tractor Supply's tractor section consists of 1/2 of a short aisle with a few pto drive shafts, some Ford 'N' series stuff and a few sorry looking (hi $$$) replacement seats.
Sounds like they are at least consistent! Same here.

A couple Walmart's and TSC I was in a few days ago both had Rotella 15w-40 diesel oil in stock, so hopefully inventory is coming around again.
We'll negotiations with the oil workers is just starting.
Marathon is the lead this time around. They are pretty hard nosed like the old Amoco and Texaco.
This could get interesting.

You noticed that too. I have been in the Justin ,and Bonham stores. In the last 3 years they have switched to a suburban mom, 2 acres is a ranch store. Both have added a garden center to complete the aesthetics.

The pet food and supplies is the big margin profit driver at TSC. Covid has been very good as well for the stores. Its a shame for us that the actual tractor supplies are very few but inventory turns and profit rules with a public company. The company is actually well run from an investment point of view. There stock has performed way above average and the company has a lot of support on Wall Street. While I don't like the direction the stores have turned to, it has been very good as an investment.

I had my oil changed in town. I didn't feel like laying in a snow bank to change it. And the shop has a sliding door. I would need to somehow remove a ton of frozen snow/slush that slid off the roof to be able to open the shop door. So I was in town and figured what the heck. OUCH. He said that he just bought a 55 gallon drum of heavy duty diesel oil. It cost him about $1,800 for a drum. After what he charged me I stopped at Bimart where I normally get oil. There was about 30 feet of empty shelve. No Rotella, no Delo, just empty shelve.

I had my oil changed in town. I didn't feel like laying in a snow bank to change it. And the shop has a sliding door. I would need to somehow remove a ton of frozen snow/slush that slid off the roof to be able to open the shop door. So I was in town and figured what the heck. OUCH. He said that he just bought a 55 gallon drum of heavy duty diesel oil. It cost him about $1,800 for a drum. After what he charged me I stopped at Bimart where I normally get oil. There was about 30 feet of empty shelve. No Rotella, no Delo, just empty shelve.
Well just remove that sliding door and install an overhead door. We had one until dad forgot to lower the loader and pulled the door, and header down on top of the tractor. The insurance paid for a new overhead door. While I was at it I also raised the opening six inches so I could get my CaseIH 7130 in the shop. Besides it was getting hard for dad to open the door, and this new door is so much better; all he as to do is push a button, heck he don't even have to get out of the tractor. I said to dad after he had done it, what did you think we didn't have enough to do, you had to go and make us another project work on.

Well just remove that sliding door and install an overhead door. We had one until dad forgot to lower the loader and pulled the door, and header down on top of the tractor. The insurance paid for a new overhead door. While I was at it I also raised the opening six inches so I could get my CaseIH 7130 in the shop. Besides it was getting hard for dad to open the door, and this new door is so much better; all he as to do is push a button, heck he don't even have to get out of the tractor. I said to dad after he had done it, what did you think we didn't have enough to do, you had to go and make us another project work on.
Do you know anyone who will install a 12 wide 12 high over head door for free? I didn't think so. This one works just fine except an occasional time in the winter.

Do you know anyone who will install a 12 wide 12 high over head door for free? I didn't think so. This one works just fine except an occasional time in the winter.
Well I did have to install ours myself. I did pay a friend to help me replace the headed dad pulled out, my go go gadget arms were on backorder. Installing overhead doors are pretty easy to install, but it could be a little confusing if you have never installed one.

Well I did have to install ours myself. I did pay a friend to help me replace the headed dad pulled out, my go go gadget arms were on backorder. Installing overhead doors are pretty easy to install, but it could be a little confusing if you have never installed one.
Roll-up doors are cheaper and easier to install than overheads. Mount the roller on the header and bolt the tracks on the inside of the door opening. I get the hurricane rated ones and they hold up really well.

Roll-up doors are cheaper and easier to install than overheads. Mount the roller on the header and bolt the tracks on the inside of the door opening. I get the hurricane rated ones and they hold up really well.
I have installed those as well. They are fine as long as you have enough headroom. I still prefer the sectional doors myself. Those insulated roll-up doors are a little more pricey.

Latest posts