Rotary Cutting - Chain

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
How many use a chain instead of the Top Link on their rotary cutter to allow flexibility when mowing slopes with swells or the like?

I was told that Bushhog made an extreme flexion top link that also allowed total flexibility. My dealer called them and they no longer make it because it was considered a liability because the cutter could come off the ground in the back and cause an accident.

What do you folks?

I usually don;t even use the top link, just control things via the 3pt

I've tried with a top link, with a chain, and with nothing. Using nothing didn't work well for me, because it didn't let me lift over stumps, logs, ditches and such. The chain was okay, but in my opinion allowed too much movement over certain terrain. With our terrain around here (hilly), I prefer to use the top link. Unless you have one of the very few tractors with down pressure in the 3pt, the bushhog can still lift in the rear when needed. I've backed up some very steep banks, and have never gotten too bound up. My bushhog doesn't have a flexible link, but many do.

i/we have always used the toplink when using the 3pt shredder.either way is a booger when your trying not to scape the ground.the big shredder is easier to adjust since it has the hydro cylinder.

I re-did my toplink hook up on my mower to have slotted holes to allow the back of the mower to move up more. Now I see alot of brands built this way.

Latest posts