Rosebud knot

Help Support CattleToday:

mesaroper1974

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the rosebud knot. I believe it is used as a stopper knot. Can't find any directions on how to tie it on internet, but maybe someone here can help me out. Want to use this knot on a 3-strand ranch rope for a metal hondo.
Thanks

Googled it and got a wikipedia entry but the page was deleted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knot

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
* 06:48, 12 June 2007 Longhair (talk | contribs) deleted "Rosebud stopper knot" ‎ (a very short article providing little or no context (CSD A1). content was: '{{db-nocontext}}This is formed by first tying a wall knot and then tying a crown not on top. The ends may be feed through again.')

Got some videos for sewing one but I think that is different
Wall knot with a crown on top?

Thanks for the research, I'm familiar with wall and crown knots, and can see how that would work for a stopper knot. Also if you find the knot you referred to about the British navy I'd enjoy seeing instructions. Thanks again.

There was a post that referred to a rosebud knot on Leatherworker.net I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. From what I could tell, the rosebud looks a lot like a turk's head knot to me. I just can not find a detailed pict to tell the difference. If you try their site and search rosebud knot. Look for the reference to rope handles. It was entry #112578. I could not get the direct link to work here. Hope this helps.

Latest posts