Rose Clover

Help Support CattleToday:

I always wanted to try rose. Glad it did well for you. The ag agent here recommends planting 3 verities of clover at one time. Let them play survival of the fittest. One will always come out on top in the long run. Once established you have a built in nitrogen factory.

Copenhagen & Shiner B":cl4rqhud said:
I planted rose clover last year for the first time and it did great. I planted it in a sandy bahia pasture with ryegrass. I had always had problems with establishing clover in this pasture before.

That's interesting to hear. We have had difficutly getting clover established as well. Where did you order seed?

novatech":1tj4xh07 said:
I always wanted to try rose. Glad it did well for you. The ag agent here recommends planting 3 verities of clover at one time. Let them play survival of the fittest. One will always come out on top in the long run. Once established you have a built in nitrogen factory.

Yea, I'm gonna try a little experiment with a 20 acre plot. Rose, ball, and little burr medic all mixed together and broadcast on a johnsongrass field. All three are good reseeders so we'll see which one takes over the 2nd year. The ball and little burr have worked for me in the past but this is my first shot with rose.

Latest posts