Roping clinic

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Hauling my twins to one this weekend. I've been waiting, till I felt like they were old enough to focus, and learn the entire time. Hope it's worth the money, and time (busy time of year here). I won't post the gentlemans name, but he's a several time NFR qualifier. I almost dread seeing/hearing everything I've showed them wrong over the last few years.

I would take a helper, to video everything they could while they are there. It cuts down on the - "he said to do it like this", and that's what I did. And turn it into, "ok, I'll do it like he said next time" Video don't lie, and cuts down on the arguments. It is also a big help if your kids are big enough to be able to break their runs down themselves, to critique and correct.

Bigfoot":2ow08481 said:
Hauling my twins to one this weekend. I've been waiting, till I felt like they were old enough to focus, and learn the entire time. Hope it's worth the money, and time (busy time of year here). I won't post the gentlemans name, but he's a several time NFR qualifier. I almost dread seeing/hearing everything I've showed them wrong over the last few years.

Only thing you could have shown em wrong was a no time for a missed head catch, or a plus five for a leg. :lol:

Should be fun for them, getting to hang out with and learn from someone they've seen on tv. Hopefully they will learn a lot!

Not sorry I went. To be perfectly truthful, he didn't tell them anything they hadn't already heard, but on the same token there were no bad habits to correct. Might have learned some drills we had never seen before.

I stayed way back, and remained silent, but somehow got drafted in to service as an impromptu helper. He made a stout offer on our heel horse if it passed a vet check including X-rays. I like the horse better than folding money at the moment. I'm sure he wasn't buying for himself though.