Roping a grizzly

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I remember watching this episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom as a kid. Watching now, brought back many old memories. I also see how fake the show was to of course. There is a pretty nice mule in this video, with a long trot on him that's pretty impressive.

Thought some might enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSj7Ozx5bk

As a kid, I thought it was all real. I'm thinking now the whole thing was a scham. I bet the monkey was even aced. He looks high to me.

Wonder if they were also sponsored by Lucky Tiger hair tonic? Don't think either of their hairdoos moved an inch through the whole episode.

I remember having to stand there and hold the bunny ears just right for one episode at a time as the station that had it was from fresno and we were over sixty miles from there. Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was one of very few tv programs that ever really excited me.

Poor little yearling grizzly harassed to make a TV show. He wasn't much bigger than the dogs. I don't think he had been killing much livestock. I saw a lot wrong. Any one who knows bears and dogs knows you don't try to run a griz with dogs unless you don't want your dogs back. Good old Stan was tied hard and fast in some sort of English saddle. I wouldn't want to be tied hard to a grizzly. The saddle horns weren't wrapped with either rubber or mule hide. I did however like that Border Collie. Not just every Border Collie that will run but cougars and bears. I bet he was one heck of a dog on cattle.

Jogeephus":3epntcx0 said:
Wonder if they were also sponsored by Lucky Tiger hair tonic? Don't think either of their hairdoos moved an inch through the whole episode.

I've chuckled at this since yesterday.

cow pollinater":yctpgqci said:
Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was one of very few tv programs that ever really excited me.

Same here. I doubt I missed a single episode. Then there was Jacques Cousteau. Loved that show too. Fake or not, it sure spurred my interest in nature.

Bigfoot":270c6s52 said:
Jogeephus":270c6s52 said:

I've chuckled at this since yesterday.
+1 :lol: