Rompun (Xylazine)

Help Support CattleToday:

Kamaleon

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I came across this site while looking for Rompun (Xylazine), My father in law has a farm overseas and was looking to get rompum here in the US while he visit us.

Does he needs a vet prescription for it or is it widely available?

uuhm.. i figure.. do vets easily 'prescribe' that?? can you tell i have no idea about this stuff? hehe

i found a web site that list international pharmacies that do ship them legaly (according to fda)

can i post the site so a knowledgeable person can comment on it? ..

i use the rompum in my dart gun to doctor cattle or work cows feet or what ever i need done. the vet has to prescribe it and in some states the vet has to be the one to actually use it. some places the vet will sell it in the 50 cc bottle to the farmer if he is a known customer. it can be very dangerous if you accidently give it to yourself, so it is a highly controlled medicine

yeah i understand that its a dangerous substance and should be controlled.. there are pleny of crazy people out there..

From what i read there are different concentration of the Xylazine, 2% and 10% solution. For what he raises, cows, bulls and buffalo's he would need the stronger 10% solution of Xylazine??

yes, i believe the 10 percent would be what he would need. it generally takes about 1/2 cc per hundred pounds of body weight to put the animal to sleep. sometimes a high strung animal will take more, sometimes it takes less. two things very important------do not get the animal excited before you give the rompum. also, do not use it in real hot weather. the reason for these precautions is that when the animal shuts down, it shuts down it's ability to cool itself. so, if it is excited or if the weather is real hot, the animal can easily die of heat stroke or heart failure. from june-sept in missouri, the rompum stays on the shelf for me unless it is an uncharacteristically cool day

Latest posts