Rolling high tensile

Help Support CattleToday:

Is your HT hot?
If so, what is the voltage?
The problem is with the way it is run getting it hot and keeping it hot is a full time job. It's just not worth it. HT has to have electricity to be a fence of any account and even super hot it is no where near the fence net wire is hot or not IMO. The amount of time I spend trying to keep it going I can put the net up and be done. You can build it cheap and fast but HT costs you in aggravation and time later.

HT fixed knot is what I am replacing it with.

All I use is HT anymore. 6 feet of snow can push it all to the ground and when it melts off it springs back into place. I've tried all different kinds of woven and have never seen one rebound after spending 5 months smashed flat to the ground.

During the growing season when the animals have good grass i usually turn the juice off as the 5 strands of HT keep the cows where they need to be.

I was using this today to wind up some old single strand and other junk. Pretty handy unit I borrowed from a great neighbour.

That's pretty neat ! Never seen one of thoes before.

Here's a picture of a repair I recently did on a netwire fence we built about five years ago. Just cut the tree off and replaced a couple of bent post wire stood right back up. I did cut and splice out the bent part but overall the fence was still tighter than most.
I've got another repair on the schedule right now. Customer called and said a car went through his new fence. Took out two tpost and a pipe post. He said the net is still standing , tight as new. I'll take some pictures when I get over there. KIMG0444.JPGKIMG0445.JPG

Here's a picture of a repair I recently did on a netwire fence we built about five years ago. Just cut the tree off and replaced a couple of bent post wire stood right back up. I did cut and splice out the bent part but overall the fence was still tighter than most.
I've got another repair on the schedule right now. Customer called and said a car went through his new fence. Took out two tpost and a pipe post. He said the net is still standing , tight as new. I'll take some pictures when I get over there. View attachment 4259View attachment 4260

Fence, how did you do your splice and tightening on that repair?

We are in the process of fencing the rest of our place in with HT fixed knot and while we are removing as many trees in the way as we can there are some areas we wont be able to. Probably going to end up with this repair someday. Lol.

Fence, how did you do your splice and tightening on that repair?

We are in the process of fencing the rest of our place in with HT fixed knot and while we are removing as many trees in the way as we can there are some areas we wont be able to. Probably going to end up with this repair someday. Lol.
Used to use crimps and still do some. Usually use gripples nowadays. If the fence was tight you have to add a piece requiring two splices. The gripples make so much easier to tension the wire.
The only drawback to the gripples is when you're right up by the house or the front entrance two rows of gripples really stands out and I've had some people not like that. That's when I use a golden rod and crimps.

I was using this today to wind up some old single strand and other junk. Pretty handy unit I borrowed from a great neighbour.

Be sure to give him a few bucks for letting you use HIS investment... that'll help keep him being an appreciated really great neighbor.

I have this rig. Works very well. Rolling high tensile requires tying something like a heavy strap hinge or similar to it.
1620351780328.png1620351780328.png

After using a hydraulic winder with a manual guide arm that little roller guide traveling back and forth would be great.

Latest posts