Rodents Are Feasting On Newer Cars.............

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems like that should have been obvious. I keep decon out in my shop to prevent such problems. It is bad enough the damage they can do to non- edible materials.

Bright Raven":3e1uzb6w said:
Seems like that should have been obvious. I keep decon out in my shop to prevent such problems. It is bad enough the damage they can do to non- edible materials.

What is decon, Ron?

Ken

wbvs58":3swtdf8f said:
Bright Raven":3swtdf8f said:

What is decon, Ron?

Ken
Ken, decon is a brand if rat poison here.

I had my wiring harness eaten into on 2 occasions on a 2011 Silverado. Dealer had the pigtails and I was out $250 for the work. Truck now lives in my shop, sealed off doors and such, Tom Kat bait chunks and Cayene pepper spread around, asthetic plastic engine cover removed and hood up. No more problems.

Texasmark":3d1s5jwx said:
I had my wiring harness eaten into on 2 occasions on a 2011 Silverado. Dealer had the pigtails and I was out $250 for the work. Truck now lives in my shop, sealed off doors and such, Tom Kat bait chunks and Cayene pepper spread around, asthetic plastic engine cover removed and hood up. No more problems.
Mothballs in the engine compartment work well also.

Texasmark":3th76w4h said:

I am thinking of switching to Tom Kat. Maybe it is my imagination but I think the rodents have become resistant to Decon.

Bright Raven":1vusixyl said:
Texasmark":1vusixyl said:

I am thinking of switching to Tom Kat. Maybe it is my imagination but I think the rodents have become resistant to Decon.
They quit putting warfarin in it and started putting vitamin D.

kenny thomas":13j9vql1 said:
Kingfisher":13j9vql1 said:
Yep they like those soy based Ford wiring harnesses
Just recently a friend told me the mice ate wire covering on a Ford Mustang.
Fords seem to be the leader in this "technology " here in Texas. The manufacturer has responded well and I'm pretty sure we've headed back to what's work for years and that's a Oil base wrap on our automotive wires.

Latest posts