rocky mt oysters

Help Support CattleToday:

cowwrangler

Reaction score
i have some in the freezer and want to try a few different recipes on them,so let me know what ya got,hhhmmm might be good for the CT reunion :nod:

Rocky Mountain Oysters Recipe

2 pounds calf testicles*
2 cups beer
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil**
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

* Be sure to ask your butcher for calf testicles, not bull testicles. Calf testicles are the size of a walnut and are much more tender than the larger bull testicles.

** Use enough vegetable oil to fill your frying container halfway to the top (to allow for bubbling up and splattering) and to completely cover calf testicles while frying.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle. Remove the skin (you can remove the skin easily if the testicles are frozen, then peel while thawing). Slice each testicle into approximately 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick ovals. Place slices in a large pan or blow with enough beer to cover them; cover and let sit 2 hours.

In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Remove testicles from beer; drain and dredge thoroughly in the flour mixture. In a large, deep pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry 3 minutes or until golden brown (will rise to the surface when done). Drain on paper towels.

Serve warm with your favorite hot pepper sauce.

The only thing that sounds good about this recipe is the beer.. :???:
Personally I will try Angie,s Lutefisk before calf nuts... :lol2: :help:

Bullard Bay Oysters

2 pounds calf testicles*
2 cups beer
1 bottle of well water
2 eggs, beaten
6 cups of boiled peanuts
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 bottle of cane syrup
1 stick of butter
1 bottle of Jim Beam
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 heaping spoonfuls of lard
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup warm milk

Mix flour and lard together in a bowl until it looks gritty
Pour peanuts in a bowl
Pour milk and egg into flour mixture and mix well.
Pour two heaping gulpfuls of Beam into a glass
Roll flour mixture on board then cut with mason jar lids
Look closely at an oyster then take first gulp of Beam and chase with beer #1 and toss oyster out the back door. Repeat until all the oysters are gone or the bisquits are done.

Jogeephus":36m42d5s said:
Look closely at an oyster then take first gulp of Beam and chase with beer #1 and toss oyster out the back door. Repeat until all the oysters are gone or the bisquits are done.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

cowwrangler":2a1juc8a said:
i have some in the freezer and want to try a few different recipes on them,so let me know what ya got,hhhmmm might be good for the CT reunion :nod:

How 'bout we don't and say we did... :lol:

Latest posts