Rock Hall of Fame

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
A short background. Back in the 80's I attended Farm Aid 3 (I think) at the HoosierDome, later the RCA Dome in Indy. That's the stadium we built to steal the Colts from Baltimore. It was all day and I mostly went to see the Bluegrass acts and such and mostly because my wife at the time insisted we go. The crowd was really young and there were a lot of them. They came for one thing, (I guess beer makes two) and that was 'Guns 'n' Roses'. I was unimpressed at the time, but I think they stand the test. I don't have one tattoo. No piercings. This is rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4&ob=av2e

Never was a big fan of theirs but I always did like that song. I was in a pool league back when they were in their heyday and used to hear that song a lot on the jukebox. Well, except when we played at the American Legion. ;-)

VanC":2wsr0k3i said:
Never was a big fan of theirs but I always did like that song. I was in a pool league back when they were in their heyday and used to hear that song a lot on the jukebox. Well, except when we played at the American Legion. ;-)
I wasn't a big fan either. They were certainly rock stars that day. The real hall of fame rock bands are already there. But there is this 'every year" thing with halls of fame.

Wasn't a big fan in the 80's. Got into listening to them 15 years later. The thing that impresses me was 15 years after the release of the "Appetite for Destruction" album/cd it was still a 17 dollar cd.

Never was a guns n roses fan. I think most cats in heat can wail better than Axel Rose. Slash isn't that great of a guitarist, either. Saw him on his own as an opening act for AC/DC and after one song decided it was a good time to hit the bathroom before the real show started. It always surprises me to see who gets nominated, a lot of them aren't even close to rock n roll.