rock bucket versus 3 PTH landscape rake

Help Support CattleToday:

Ebenezer

Reaction score
On new ground with some pieces of wood, roots and rock, which would work best. Would prefer a bucket on the front end loader to look ahead instead of watching behind and wonder if landscape rakes will hold up. Or other ideas are welcomed.

rock bucket or root bucket out front .. hit it a ffew times at different angles.

then scraper blade everything to a pile.
hit it with a cultimulcher and disc

Landscape rake was useless for anything except raking leaves for me.
Sticks and rocks always getting hung between the tines. For me a three point blade worked better . Then use the rock bucket to go down the windows.

Thanks to all. Sounds like I ought to try all but use the bucket as the main tool to gather and haul off.

I've used landscape rake a lot, cleaning off debris from flood water and they work ok for a short move, but quickly just 'roll up' over what you're moving if you go very far with it. Pretty easy to break the tines off too. I removed every other tine on mine and it worked better just for making little piles to be pushed together with loader bucket later.
Tried to move some busted up concrete with it..a lesson in futility so I can't imagine it working for clearing rocks.

Latest posts