Robin Williams RIP

Help Support CattleToday:

That is sad news.You never know all the torments people carry with them. Substance abuse would be a terrible burden.May he find peace now.

""suicide due to asphyxia." I assume that means he hung himself?

Didn't care for Mork/Mindy or most of his other stuff, but loved his character in this one--definitely my favorite.

[youtube]Erf2iFHG44M[/youtube]

Great video GB, thank you! Great movie and really showed his talent. RIP Robin

He had been battling depression and had entered a 12 step program for drug abuse. He was a brilliant actor and never ceased to amaze me with his quick wit.
In a way I am not surprised. He always seemed to be wired and I don't think that the public ever saw him just being himself. He was always a character.
I am so sad that he did not see a reason to keep on living.

I am not a comedy watcher, but we did name our daughter Mindy. I really did like Good Will Hunting, and I didn't like Good Morning Vietnam,
because war is not funny.

Yeah Jim Carrey is an abomination to movie stars. Well, on second thought, maybe he is just a product of same.
I did not like Mork. In fact it took me a long time to get past his Mork character, but I eventually did. I liked his character in several later movies, and could appreciate his gift. I'm a little sad, but not surprised. I don't think a person can be adaptive to the roles he played without having a screw loose (or too tight) somewhere. RIP and prayers to those close to him that knew his internal struggle with this world

chippie":375ax9j9 said:
I don't think that the public ever saw him just being himself. He was always a character..
I think that is the case with a lot of brilliant lifetime actors. They get pushed to acting because they don't like being themselves. That is so sad to me. Sooner or later you have to quit acting and face yourself.

Don McCallum":1s8p7bqq said:
I am not a comedy watcher, but we did name our daughter Mindy. I really did like Good Will Hunting, and I didn't like Good Morning Vietnam,
because war is not funny.
No war is not, but AFVN (the Vietnam version of AFRTS) was at times, and it was a welcome change. I listened to it at night and sometimes, if it was a "milk run" the pilots would tune it in and we would listen to it thru the headsets in our flight helmets and we did as well when we were doing flare drops at near our max ceiling.
Adrian Cronauer was a real disc jokey at AFVN in 66 (before my time there) but all the morning DJs after Cronauer's tour ended carried on the same opening line and format.
Here's the real guy:
[youtube]xRjYX0j-kpA[/youtube]
Talking about the differences in the movie and the real deal:
[youtube]V8FkXRgA4Sg[/youtube]

Latest posts