Robert Blake 89

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
From about 1969-1974 after his role In Cold Blood combined with his appearances on Johnny Carson, I thought Robert Blake was the epitome of cool. By the time he got the tv series Baretta around 1974 I was over him, but I guess that's the role that made him famous
to those previously unaware of him. I spoke to him once in 1976 and was left with the impression of being an arrogant jerk.

Last edited:
From about 1969-1974 after his role In Cold Blood combined with his appearances on Johnny Carson, I thought Robert Blake was the epitome of cool. By the time he got the tv series Baretta around 1974 I was over him, but I guess that's the role that made him famous
to those previously unaware of him.
I first knew him from "Little Rascals". I did not know he died until I saw your post.

Accused of killing his second wife. Over custody of their daughter. Acquitted, but his career was never the same .

Accused of killing his second wife. Over custody of their daughter. Acquitted, but his career was never the same .
Evidence pointed to that he didn't do it, even though he didn't care for her. But his career pretty much was downward decline for 20 years before then after playing role of Jimmy Hoffa and divorcing his first wife in 1983. Like many actors he was a surprisingly small
man in person. Seems to help to be small with a larger than average expressive face to appear in films.

Last edited:
Reading about Blake's career, I didn't know in 1959 he turned down the role of Little Joe which then went to bed wetter, teenage werewolf (1957) Michael Landon. Landon and Lorne Green were the only 2 actors who appeared in all 418 episodes of Bonanza.

Latest posts